• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

sFTP Feature Request

L

lherbert

Guest
I'm new to Plesk... Generally I find it great!

I have a suggestion though regarding ftp / sftp access. Most people here I would have though would agree that standard ftp access is completely insecure and a bit of a security risk. There are freely available sFTP clients out there so connecting and transferring files by sFTP is fairly straightforward.

I'd like to suggest that a future version of Plesk manages both ftp and sftp connections. At the moment it still has to be done manually adjusting the account accordindly and adding the user to the allowed group for SSH, or alternatively as someone described in the forum, chrooting the sftp-server.

Just a thought but I think a lot of people would quite like that feature...
 
What is the current method for enabling sftp? Could someone provide somewhat detailed instructions as to how to enable it in 7.5.2? Many thanks if so!
 
Back
Top