• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Vote Share your opinion about new Plesk illustrations!

Maria Matsko

New Pleskian
Staff member
Hi everyone! :) Design Department is working on the new Plesk illustration set, and we would like to know your opinion about it.
Your thoughts are very appreciated!

You can help us one way or another:
— Please go to the survey and you can see the illustration and a couple of questions. It takes 3-5 minutes.
OR
— Participate in the short interview: send me a message and we arrange an instant messenger and time. The plan of the interview is quite simple: I show you the illustration and ask a few questions. In this case, please do not go to the link with survey above. It takes 5-15 minutes.

**********UPDATE**********
I've added another one set of 'space' theme illustrations, so please rate it! It takes 3-5 minutes too.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
A few years ago I discussed with a psychologist that I think people are more and more unable to understand words and everything needs to be presented in pictures. Back then my position was that probably it will become necessary to present information as a "comic" so that people are able to understand it. For that reason seeing these images makes me sad. While on the one hand I understand that complicated technology must be made easy to understand I still believe that users should also learn that they are not frying an egg, but rather controlling a space ship. Most of our customers think creating and running a website is as easy as eating fries, but this only leads to misconceptions and false expectations. No matter how "comic" style the pictures become, the technology behind this is getting more complex daily. I think doing this type of comic style imaging is a wrong approach.

A few years ago I discussed with a psychologist that I think people are more and more unable to understand words and everything needs to be presented in pictures. Back then my position was that probably it will become necessary to present information as a "comic" so that people are able to understand it. For that reason seeing these images makes me sad. While on the one hand I understand that complicated technology must be made easy to understand I still believe that users should also learn that they are not frying an egg, but rather controlling a space ship. Most of our customers think creating and running a website is as easy as eating fries, but this only leads to misconceptions and false expectations. No matter how "comic" style the pictures become, the technology behind this is getting more complex daily. I think doing this type of comic style imaging is a wrong approach.
Peter, thanks a lot for your thoughts! We are looking for the balance between clarity and emotional feedback, and probably we'll see that 'comic' isn't the best choice as the viewers do not like/get this metaphor? But that's why we ask your opinion!

BTW, we drew a few 'space' theme illustrations, but unfortunately it takes more time to implement. It's interesting that you mentioned the space. :) Now I want to add our space illustrations for the test too and make the update of survey!

@Bitpalast

I fully agree with the core nature and content of your post - we do not trust what we cannot understand, so we want to understand what seems to be trusted.

In real life, that what seems to be trusted .......... is often not to be trusted at all.

People themselves primarily, in the sense that self-knowledge or self-criticism is absent - we do not learn if those characteristics are absent.

Plesk has a particular challenge - let me explain.

Each time that Plesk is represented as the "easy" solution for everything, the Plesk forum will be flooded with strange questions (AFTER somebody messed up the Plesk instance or it's configuration) or the continuous debate about license fees and so on etc etc.

Nevertheless, the well-seasoned sysadmin does NOT need the oversimplified marketing tools with cartoons, balloons and modern marketing mails.

However, each time that Plesk has to be sold to humans, not being well-seasoned sysadmins, Plesk NEEDS to oversimplify things, with the considerable risk that expectations are not met - but there is not a feasible alernative.

Plesk could stop attracting new customers (and only focus on the well-seasoned sysadmins), but I would rather have the oversimplification : it is necessary to attract new customers, since that is the only way that can be invested continuously in Plesk development.

Sure, it is a strange trade-off and I agree that the "oversimplification" is to some extent a wrong approach, but times are changing.

Personally, I see this trade-off as a dynamical cycle - sooner or later, we will return to the core and the acknowledgement that nothing is simple.

Just give it a couple of years, you will see ...... it did happen to the generation with the "getting rich from apps" culture .....and it will happen to the generation that "thinks" they can simply run a Plesk instance (or 2) and get rich from being a "hosting provider".

As for the moment, I am fine with the oversimplification ..... for the simple reason that I can ignore it (and I still know how to read books ;) ).

Kind regards .....

Back