1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Shared area accessible by all domains/subdomains

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by SteveR, Jul 8, 2009.

1. SteveR

SteveR Guest

I have set up a shared repository for PHP/CSS/JS/HTML and images (each in a subfolder) located at /usr/share/php/inc/

How do I make it accessible to all domains/subdomains?

Site 1 can access everything and my code works well.

Site 2 seems to be able to access the PHP (it reports a missing constant NOTICE at line xxx in mycode.php), but cannot read the html/css/js.

I think it's a permissions issue, but have tried everything to resolve it without success:

chown apache:apache inc/ -R
    chown apache:psaserv inc/ -R
    chown root:root inc/ -R
    chown root:psaserv inc/ -R
    chown site1:psaserv inc/ -R - works for site1
    chown site2:psaserv inc/ -R - works for site2

I even tried:
    chmod 777 inc/ -R

I have configured apache aliases for html/js/css and images. I've also overridden open_basedir and modified php.ini to use an include_path of /usr/share/php - 'inc/' is used in my php includes.

But I can't get both sites to work at the same time.

Thanks in advance...

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
  2. Andrey Kucherov

Andrey Kucherov Guest

Hello,

Unfortunately, Parallels Panel does not provide such functionality.
    Probably you can try to use access control lists in order to configure the access for multiple users.
    Please see the following article for more information:

http://www.suse.de/~agruen/acl/linux-acls/online/