• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Shared Hosting: How to run multiple WPB?

dave-ha

Regular Pleskian
I noticed a conflict when WPB was open simultaneously for two accounts who are both on the same server (shared hosting). The updates made for client A were saved in client B's account. How do you run WPB properly for two or more accounts at the same time? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi Dave,

Web Presence Builder does not support concurrent sessions. More specifically, neither "two people edit same website at the same time" nor "one person edits two websites at the same time from the same browser" scenarios are supported. However, one person can edit multiple websites if each website is edited in a different browser. Let me know if it helps and which scenario you were talking about.

Custer, I thought about it and I recognise that users with a single site - so the majority - will never find themselves in such a scenario. On the other hand, agencies managing accounts for multiple clients could very well.

The problem is that nothing prevents them from getting into trouble at the moment. So, what do you think about enhancing WPB with a message for users who attempt to launch WPB while another WPB is still open and the option to abort or override?

Hi Dave,

This is something we're definitely considering for 11.1. We don't want people to lose their data because we didn't warn them about this particular issue, so either we'll support concurrent sessions ("one person edits two websites at the same time from the same browser" scenario), or we'll warn/block users from using them. Thank you for your feedback, Dave, it's very helpful.

Back