• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Shared SSL on Plesk 10.4.4?

DanPleskTest

New Pleskian
Hi,

My hosts, probably one of the largests hosts in the UK, are migrating one of our dedicated servers to a newer Centos server running Plesk 10.4.4.

It was going OK until I was told that they've noticed I'm using a shared SSL on some of our websites. This is one of our own domains on the same server with it's own certificate that the others utilise. We've also got another non shared SSL on there too.

I've been told that Plesk does not support shared SSL so naturally I'm not very happy as a few of our sites have scripts licensed for the shared SSL domain. I guess the implication is I'd need to get an SSL certificate for each domain which is added time and expense and a less than smooth migration I was hoping for!

I wanted to check whether shared SSL is possible on Plesk or is there a particular reason it can't be shared? I'm sure I've seen mentions of workarounds so thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Dan

Does someone knows if this is true?

I also would like to set up shared ssl within a Linux Plesk 10.4.4 but can't find any information about that.

Starting from Plesk 10 you can have addon domains in the same subscription, so SSL can be enabled on one site in subscription, and virtual directories created pointing to addon domain sites.
Starting from Plesk 10.2 you can enable SSL on any site (no matter exclusive or shared IP you have). Customers having dedicated IP can choose what certificate to be installed on IP, and customers having shared IP cannot select certificate - they will use certificate installed by admin or reseller.

After all these changes: do you still need to have Shared SSL? Maybe your scenario can be resolved differently?

Hello IgorG,

first of all thank you for your answer.

Well I think that I need Shared SSL.

I have following scenario:

1) I have a main domain (lets call it domain.com) with dedicated IP and a SSL Certificate.
2) Now I want to create a webspace with a space and traffic quota but without a own domain.
3) The content of this created webspace should be accassable over SSL but without a own certificate over the main domain (https://www.domain.com/webspace).

How to realize that without Shared SSL?

Thank you very much
Best regards

Once you have installed the SSL through:

Tools & Settings -> SSL certificates ->
And assign that SSL to the IP address associated to the domain.com through

Tools & Settings -> IP Address -> click on IP -> select SSL in dropdown

Then any webspace or domain running on that IP address should adopt that SSL installed above.

I apologize if I didnt get you correctly ...

Multiple SSL domains under one subscription

On a similar note, I'm using Plesk 11 on Windows 2008 server 64bit.

I have one customer with 9 domains, 3 of which are SSL domains. They subscribed to my 10 domain subscription which I setup in business manager. The customer is adding domains themselves through their Plesk panel. If each hosting subscription only allows for 1 dedicated IP address, what is the correct process for setting up their hosting plan so it can handle 3 SSL domains?

If I give them 3 new subscriptions with dedicated IPs, will those domains count towards the 10 domains limit in the hosting subscription that they are assigned? (with 10 domain limit) Understandably, I don't want them to be charged more money. For example, if I give the customer 3 Gold Subscriptions, I don't want them to be charged for all 3 subscriptions separately - they already paid for their 10 domain Gold subscription once.

Are the Business Manager subscriptions completely separate from the Panel Hosting Subscriptions? In other words, can I assign a Business Manage Subscription to a Customer with 10 domains which costs $999 year - THEN assign completely separate Hosting Subscriptions with dedicated IP's to that Customer under the Panel? And if that's the only way to accomplish multiple SSL websites under one BM Subscription, maybe you should call the BM Subscriptions something different - I thought they were the same thing? When you sync the BM subscriptions, they update the Panel Subscriptions. It's very confusing.

Thanks, Bob

Please refer to my previous post - but let me ask the same question a different way.

On Windows, in Plesk 11, to have an SSL site, we need a dedicated IP address correct? And the only way to facilitate that is by assigning a "subscription" in Plesk Panel correct? I don't want to charge the customer extra for this service, since they already paid for a Gold Membership (in business manager) - what do I do?

Should I create a new "subscription" for these SSL sites in Plesk Panel (called "SSL Site" for example?) and do not sync it with Business Manager? Then I can assign the "SSL Site" subscription in Panel to any website that needs a dedicated IP address and an SSL certificate. The subscription will still be associated with that customer. Is that the proper way to handle this?

Thanks,

Bob
Agents get $200 in free leads.

Back