• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Should the file sizes of automated Plesk backups be the same local and remote?

King555

Regular Pleskian
The following screenshot (German version) shows a backup (list in backup manager) from the last night and the displayed file size differs local/remote (1.46 vs 1.73 MB). Is this possible or an error?

backup.jpg

If I am not mistaken, the file size depends on the type of file system, the size of the clusters and blocks of the file system. Obviously, you have different file systems on local and remote storages.

Thanks for your reply. I do not know the file system on the remote side, but I guess it's not the same. This might be a reason, but now I'm not sure about that, because I found something out:

I checked the today's backup. Local file has a size of 1.76 MB according to the Plesk page. When I download it and check the size with Windows, it's still 1.76 MB. Remote file is 1.49 MB according to Plesk. When I download it and check with Windows and also when I check the size directly on the remote FTP via an FTP software I get 1.77 MB (the fact that both files have a different size is correct, as I found out today in another thread (and the remote file is usually larger)).

What I want to say: I think that this is a bug. The remote file size is not shown correctly. Should I create a bug report?

Back