1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

silly question ... but first time backup

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by kadoudal, Mar 10, 2011.

1. kadoudal

kadoudal Regular Pleskian

23%
    As I am going to use the Backup Manager for the first time, I'd like to know if the databases are included in the domain backup .... or if I should backup them myself ?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Back up the entire server. The backup archive will include your Panel license key, settings and configuration of system services, accounts, sites, and mailboxes.

Back up individual user accounts with websites. The backup archive will include all settings and data related to user account and user's sites.

Back up individual websites. The backup archive will include all data and settings related to a website.

3. kadoudal

23%
    all data...

Thanks Igor

I read carefully the doc, and that's why my point was about "all data" ... are db dumps included in the 'all data' ?
    as you mention 'all data' in you answer, I guess YES.. db dumps are included in the backups (whatever type ... server, user account, website )

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Right. DB dumps should be included.

5. kadoudal

23%
    Thanks ! I'll give a first try tonight .....