1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Simple problem creating websites

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by jbigelow, Mar 15, 2005.

1. jbigelow

jbigelow Guest

Hi all,

I've got a Win2K3 server with Plesk 7 installed (both installed by techs at The Planet, my colom so I am assuming everything is correct)

When I create websites in Plesk users cannot browse anonymously (a username/password prompt) because they are using WWW-Authenticate (according to the error page). In order to make the sites browsable I always have to go into IIS and manaully change permission settings. I really hate doing this and it seems like Plesk created websites should be browsable without so much trouble. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Justin

PS. Even from within Plesk, after I finish creating the website and hit the preview button I still get challenged for a password.