• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Simulate migration to plesk 9.

T

TommasoD

Hello,

i have a machine with plesk 8.6 installed and i want to migrate to plesk 9.

But first to do this i want to make a simulation.

I can't clone the machine and launch it because it must be connected to the internet to run the upgrade...and i can't run 2 twins machine with the same license isn't it?

I've bought a new license for a new machine i'll install soon, but obviously is a plesk 9 license...how can i use this license temporarly on a plesk 8.6 machine? just to simulate the UPGRADE and try if anythings works fine....then i'll make the real upgrade on the originale 8.6 machine and use this plesk9 license for the new server i'll install....

Is this possibile? How? there's a way to simulate the upgrade on a cloned machine without shutting down the original one?

License keys for Plek 8.x and Plesk 9.x are different and you can't use key for Plesk 9.x on Plesk 8.x. During upgrade procedure key will be automatically upgraded to version for Plesk 9.x.
But you can just create full backup of Plesk 8.x server, run upgrade and return all back if it failed.

Back