• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Site import (ftp-migrator) fails because of denied permission

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
I'am trying to import a few website using the 'Site Import' function. But I run into this error for every site:

Code:
Failed to copy files of source folder 'D:\<website>/wwwroot' to '/var/www/vhosts/<website>/<website>/wwwroot' on the target server.
Transfer the folder manually to the target server. [Hide details]
Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: su <user> --shell /bin/sh -c '/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/site-import/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/extras/ftp-migrator/ftp-migrator --config-file -'
exit code: 126

stdout:
stderr: sh: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/site-import/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/extras/ftp-migrator/ftp-migrator: Permission denied

Any one any suggestions on how to solve this?

(I am on CentOS 7 btw.)

Last edited:
Set correct permissions with:

# chmod o+x /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/extras/ftp-migrator/ftp-migrator

@IgorG, shouldn't that be:

# chmod o+x /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/site-import/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/extras/ftp-migrator/ftp-migrator

?

I was able to overcome this exact same issue by removing the Site Import extension on Plesk and reinstalling again. Worth trying this first in any case.

Back