• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Site migration problem : Problem of migration of site: display error for "asp" pages

GrégoryF

New Pleskian
Hello,
I'm a french user and sorry if i make mistakes in english language.
It's been 10 days that I try to solve my problem, That's why I'm posting this message in hopes that someone will be kind enough to help me.

I want to transfer a site developed in "ASP" language (currently hosted on a windows server 62.193.212.39) to my new windows server (94.76.206.149).
Below are the steps I followed for transfer:
1. Creation of the subscription:
. Domain name "peintures-ox.fr"
. IPv4 address: 94.76.206.149 (shared)
. User: username
. pass: *******
2. management site hosting (Open in Control Panel) / tab "Websites & domains" / tool "Backup Manager"
. Upload Files to Server Repository>Here, I just loaded my "Backup.xml.zip" file of my website
. The file then appears in the list of Backups > I click on the ".xml" file to begin the restoration
. I check "Domain Settings" and "Databases"
. The following informational message appears : "Restoration of backup is complete.
3. Then when I try to access the contents of the FTP server, no file was restored.
4. So I load manually (FTP) the contents of the "httpdocs" folder.
5. My site is developed in ASP and using "Access DataBase ".mdb", so, I create the same ODBC connection.
6. For your information : the index of my site is ".asp" and other ".html" files exist of course.
7. When I try to finally access the new site migrated, I have the following error message:
Not Found
The requested record was not found on this server.
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
Web Server at paints ox.fr

8. The "index.asp" does not appear. Moreover, any "asp" page gives me the same error message above. However, "html" pages are displayed correctly.
9. In conclusion, it is as if the "asp" language was not read by my server.

I need to fix the problem before January 31, 2013 because my old server will be permanently expired on that date.
The migration to the new server should be operational as soon as possible and I need your help.
According to you, what is the problem? Why do I get this error message only for "asp" files?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Cordially.

Grégory FIEVET

when I Set mine up I found that asp was turned off by default. Have you checked this (under host settings)?
Another issue I had was that default pages was also not turned on by default (and I still cant find where to do that), so I had to turn that on as well.

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
You got it right. It is indeed that.
It seems to me that there was another problem but I can not tell you more than that. I called a friend who found the solution.
Thank you again for your response.

Back