• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Site Preview Error...

V

VerityNS

I'm currently getting an error when I try to use Site Preview to view one of the domains.

Here is the error I'm recieving...

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to accept.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Authentication, and About Custom Error Messages.

I'm currently running Plesk 7.6.1 with Windows 2003 Standard Edition.

I'm thinking its a permissions issue, but not exactly sure.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! :)

Anybody have any idea on this??? Could REALLY use the help! :)

Ok... I figured out what the cause of the problem is... when you click on Site Preview, its using HTTP instead of using HTTPS. So if I manually put the URL in my web broswer using HTTPS, everything works fine.

The real question is, how do I fix the link?

Hello,

You can use the Plesk Reocnfigurator -> Repair Plesk installation -> "Check Plesk files security" and "check Plesk vhosts security"

Does this help?

Originally posted by Skeeter
Hello,

You can use the Plesk Reocnfigurator -> Repair Plesk installation -> "Check Plesk files security" and "check Plesk vhosts security"

Does this help?

Unfortunately, it didn't correct the problem! :( The problem seems to be that the Site Preview icon is set to use HTTP and needs to use HTTPS to work correctly.

When I click on the Site Preview icon, I get the error message above. When I change the URL in my browser from HTTP to HTTPS, I'm able to preview the site just fine.

Anyone have any other suggestions on how I might change this?

Thanks in advance! :)

Originally posted by IG0R
Same problem here.. plesk 7.6.1

Atleast I'm not the only one! LOL -- Sorry IGOR! :)

Anyone who might have some insight into this, I would greatly appreciate any help! :)

same

same issue... please let me know if someone works it out :)

I found out that if i change the ip address give to the same one as what I use to access plesk, it worked...

I dont know why its using a different on when i hit "site preview" I think it has something to do with firewalls???

Check to see if the site preview is using the same IP address.

Next question, how do I change it to use the correct one?

no... nothing...

SW seem not to want to help fix the issues and no-one else has been able to show a way of fixing.

Back