• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder 3.0.2 & Plesk 8.1.0

G

GARMTECH

Hello!

We're recently installed Plesk 8.1+Sitebuilder 3. Seems that it's configured okay. Problem is that I don't understand how it work together.

I mean how to configure Plesk user to access Sitebuilder, where he will access Sitebuilder etc.

If it's possible please also provide step-by-step walkthrough how to enable plesk user to access sitebuilder (or link to manual). And how sitebuilder must publish sites (on local server) using ftp or xcopy? Any useful information welcome!

Thank you very much forward!

Hi Garmtech,

I have the same questions. I'm new to Sitebiulder as well, and find the documentation to be lacking for new users.

I'm actually here on the forums researching these same quesitons, so am adding my post to this thread to register my interest and hopefully help point out to the Sitebuilder pros who are reading this will step forward.

I know these may sound like 'n00b' questions, but I know I for one am really trying hard to learn and not finding the relationship between Sitebuidler and Plesk to be very intuitive either.

Thank you in advance to all who respond.

Sorry, had a bit of a typing issue on that last post. ;)

Also wanted to say that pointing us to previous forum posts that might cover this topic is prefectly acceptable! lol

To make Sitebuilder and Plesk integration work first of all following packages should be installed:
sitebuilder_remote-admin module on Sitebuilder server
psa-sbm3 module on Plesk server.
After that Remote admin for Sitebuilder3 icon should appear in Plesk admin CP -> Modules -> Remote admin for Sitebuilder 3 where following configuration should be done:
SiteBuilder address http://sitebuilder.domain.tld/ServiceFacade
Login: admin
Password: Sitebuilder admin password

You can find documentation for this module on your server here: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/sbm3/locales/en-US/help/

At current moment to enable sitebuilder for domain following operation should be performed:
1. Allow domain in Resellers tab (this action will create new user - reseller in Sitebuilder)
2. Allow domain in Domains tab (this action will create site in Sitebuilder and custom button for domain will appear in Plesk).

For more information I can suggest you to read documentation. If you have any further questions after that please ask and I will try to answer.

Back