• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder 3.2 and Plesk 8.1?

T

ts3441

I would like to know about the Pro's and Con's of installing Sitebuilder on a server that has Plesk 8.1 already installed. My Server configuration is below:

Dell SC440 Server
Intel Xeon Dual Core 1.86 Ghz
2 GB of RAM (currently, Plesk desktop is showing 600 MB of 2 GB is in use)
80 GB HDD
80 GB HDD (2nd Drive - not in use currently)
Windows 2003 Server -Standard Edition
IIS 6.0
Windows Scripting (installed by Plesk 8.1)
No other software - this server is for Plesk only

I have a seperate server for SmarterMail 4.x and SmarterStats currently...

Please let me know what type of performance issues should i expecting if i install Sitebuilder on the same box as Plesk 8.1

Plesk 8.1 & Sitebuilder

Is there anyone from SwSoft who monitors these threads?

As I can see you have enough resources to install Sitebuilder 3.2 together with Plesk 8.1. For Sitebuilder installation following system requirements are listed in documentation:

Prior to installing the SiteBuilder program, make sure that your server meets the following hardware requirements:

* Processor: 1-gigahertz (GHz) Pentium III-compatible or faster processor recommended
* Memory: 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM or more recommended
* Hard Disk: Approximately 350 MB of available hard-disk space for the recommended installation
* Drive: CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

So there should not be any performance or any other problems with this integration.

Back