1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Sitebuilder 3.2 and Plesk 8.1?

Discussion in 'Sitebuilder 3.2 for Windows' started by ts3441, Feb 18, 2007.

1. ts3441

ts3441 Guest

I would like to know about the Pro's and Con's of installing Sitebuilder on a server that has Plesk 8.1 already installed. My Server configuration is below:

Dell SC440 Server
    Intel Xeon Dual Core 1.86 Ghz
    2 GB of RAM (currently, Plesk desktop is showing 600 MB of 2 GB is in use)
    80 GB HDD
    80 GB HDD (2nd Drive - not in use currently)
    Windows 2003 Server -Standard Edition
    IIS 6.0
    Windows Scripting (installed by Plesk 8.1)
    No other software - this server is for Plesk only

I have a seperate server for SmarterMail 4.x and SmarterStats currently...

Please let me know what type of performance issues should i expecting if i install Sitebuilder on the same box as Plesk 8.1

2. ts3441

ts3441 Guest

Plesk 8.1 & Sitebuilder

Is there anyone from SwSoft who monitors these threads?

3. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

57%
    As I can see you have enough resources to install Sitebuilder 3.2 together with Plesk 8.1. For Sitebuilder installation following system requirements are listed in documentation:

Prior to installing the SiteBuilder program, make sure that your server meets the following hardware requirements:

* Processor: 1-gigahertz (GHz) Pentium III-compatible or faster processor recommended
    * Memory: 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM or more recommended
    * Hard Disk: Approximately 350 MB of available hard-disk space for the recommended installation
    * Drive: CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

So there should not be any performance or any other problems with this integration.