• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SiteBuilder 4.0 FTP problems

C

ccnj

Hi! I'm a reseller (using SB for my clients' use) and I'm trying to figure out why I can't seem to get their FTP access to work. I tried logging into one of the accounts I created for a client of mine, changed the info in the account (via the publishing settings tab) based on the new FTP account I had them create in cPanel... I still get the same error message regardless of how I try to get the accounts loaded:
"Error: The site cannot be published to the specified location.
Cannot publish to the specified host via FTP. Authorization failed."

Anyone know why this is happening, or how I can get around the issues so that I can have a working SB product for my clients?

Are you trying to publish sites from Parallels Sitebuilder for Windows to Windows server? You should make sure that FTP account works fine and it is possible to connect via FTP from Sitebuilder server to destination publication host.

Dmitry,

I accidentally posted this message here - I re-posted it to the SB 4.0 for Unix/Linux OSs, and I am trying to have my clients publish via the web.

Thanks,
JG

I have moved this thread to proper place to avoid confusions.
Try to make sure that FTP credentials are fine and you are able to connect with it from Sitebuilder server to cPanel one. Also, it would be good to check Sitebuilder Admin CP -> Logs section. If you are reseller and do not have ability to check logs, contact with Sitebuilder administrator and ask for assistance.
You can also check FTP logs on cPanel server for any error or notification messages.

Back