• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder installation not working!

T

twhiting9275

So, after trying to install Sitebuilder on CPanel, it's becoming clear that there is just NO WAY to get this working.

I've compiled php as follows:

Code:
'./configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared' '--with-sqlite=shared' '--with-ncurses' '--enable-dba=shared' '--with-xml' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--with-curl' '--with-curlssl' '--with-curl-ssl' '--with-dom' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-gettext' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mysqli' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--enable-discard-path' '--with-pear' '--with-pspell' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-zlib' '--enable-id3' '--enable-zip'

Note that the PDO extension IS there, and it's loaded:

yet when trying to load sitebuilder, I get:

Internal SiteBuilder error.
File: /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/Zend/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php; Line: 84
Why?

It really is amazing how stupid software designers can be. This wasn't for ME, it was for a client.

Client called me saying "I need this installed, I purchased it". I tell them right off the bat it's not going to work, because SWsoft (incorrectly) relies on rpm builds and CPanel (correctly) relies on building php and apache from scratch.

After 3 hours of figuring **** out, rebuilding php from scratch with their needed "modules", I have it almost all the way working, except for the "license class", which isn't a surprise. I mean, I can only do so much with encrypted software.

At this point, I state (again) that it's not going to work, period, end of statement, when he says "I'll have them install it". Knowing FULL well what they'd do, I warned him that this was not possible (again) and that they were NOT to touch php or apache.

Did they listen? No, they didn't. In fact, the client messaged me about an hour and a half ago with "the whole box is down, it's been down since midnight my time". Of course, I didn't say "I told you so", but hey, I told him so :p

When building software like this, NEVER use specific verisons of php, NEVER use loaded modules that only YOU can build, and NEVER, EVER use rpms. This seriously lowers the value of the product.

Of course, the client's still demanding that the software is installed, even KNOWING full well that they screwed up, and that the module is for a php version MONTHS out of date.

Welcome to hell I guess, dealing with incompetent software designers.

As I know there no specific problems with CPanel and Sitebuilder on the same server. Sitebuilder goes with it's own PHP5 and if customer wish he can use it's own PHP5 and in this case some requirements should be observed and necessary extensions for PHP5 should be installed. But customer can also install PHP5 which goes with Sitebuilder and it is installed into /opt/php5 directory. This installation should not affect system PHP or apache. So there should not be any problems with it.
But, for example, on FC5 Sitebuilder goes with system PHP 5.1.6. But system php-5.1.6 installation could not have affect CPanel's apache or php (otherwise CPanel release notices should clearly state that it conflicts with system php).
I guess some problems can occur during Sitebuilder configuration. Sitebuilder configuration file for apache should be included into main apache configuration file but as CPanel installation has not default paths for apache probably file should be included manually.
I saw Sitebuilder installation on CPanel server not once and can say that if everything is configured correctly there should not be any issues with it.

Sitebuilder goes with it's own PHP5
Wrong
Firstly, sitebuilder comes with a php5 rpm which installs php5 into the base system. Surprise, there's a problem there. This is the WRONG way to do things.

Secondly, sitebuilder utilizes a php module, which, again, the wrong way to do things. WHY? Because as soon as you update php out of that module's range (you DO update php, right?), well, you can't use the module any more. This is what classes and includes are for.

Thirdly, sitebuilder tries to install httpd, again, a bad move, especially when CPanel's running on a server itself, because that WILL screw up CPanel's setup. Again, wrong idea.

All this for a piece of software that, well, to put it nicely, looks like total garbage. Typical

PHP 5.1 is outdated and vulnerable. Wake up, get with the program here, the rest of the world is on 5.2, while SWsoft is still on 5.1, forcing individuals to run a VULNERABLE version of php for their own purposes. Yeah, that's smart.

At the end of the day, this installation took 24+ hours to do, MUCH longer than it would have taken if the software was developed and licensed properly with proper requirements. Of course, that's not counting the countless php errors the customer is still having, because of this ridiculous software.

So, after trying to install Sitebuilder on CPanel, it's becoming clear that there is just NO WAY to get this working.
There are some ways to get SB working with CPanel :) Highly depends from situation.

First of all, try to describe why you start PHP recompiling? Please, also provide information about your OS version.

Sitebuilder and Cpanel Installation!

Well, it's been a just over a month today since I purchased SWsoft SiteBuilder. All I have to say is "Wow". So far twhiting9275 was right with his recommendations, and I think he was probably one the smartest admins I have used. SWsoft has yet to be able to get my install working correctly. I must admit that my established users are able design and publish, but (and this is a big BUT as it is losing me more customers by the day) when a user goes through a test drive and the program tries to send an email to them with their trial link, it just doesn't work. Consequently potential users see this big error –
“Internal SiteBuilder error. File: /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/Zend/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php; Line: 76
This is stopping people from signing up because they think that the software doesn’t work properly. Amazingly, SWsoft can get it working with php_cgi, but then for some reason it breaks the publishing function. I find it interesting they have a work around that fixes the email problem but then breaks my publishing. It seems like there may be a problem here. SWsoft Developers have asked me to contact cPanel regarding the email problem, saying that user "nobody" is not able to send email from root, and that’s why this does not work. Well, when I have discussed this with cPanel, they point out that if you attempt this you lay your server wide open for spam exploits. This is a big no to cPanel as well as 3 different server admins! Because I want to use this product, I’ve done what SWsoft has asked - and it still won’t work.
Server Admins Comments:
“Mike,

I've tried just about everything on this but nothing works.
You need to get SWsoft to rebuild the /usr/bin/php-cgi and make sure that it’s not compiled for phpsuexec.

Here's what I've done:
- Manually compiled PHP 5.2.1 and tried to get sitebuiler to load it. No go.
That gives a new error about PDO, even though I manually installed it and its there...
Internal SiteBuilder error.
File: /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/Zend/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php; Line: 84

- tried modifying the php.ini to get it to work, no go since we get logged out.

- I've finally put everything back to the way it was, so we're back to square 1 on this.

I truly believe the only people who can fix this are SWsoft. Why PHP needs all these stupid addons compiled in, like PDO, is beyond me. SWsoft has a reputation for having outdated versions bundled with ever addon known on the planet so building manually is a total nightmare.â€

This is not the first admin that has worked on this thing - I’ve had 3 of them (all senior administrators) and still no luck. This represents the combined knowledge over 50 years of admin experience on this thing and still nothing. The funny thing is, before I bought SiteBuilder, I contacted the sales department and they said it was possible to install SiteBuilder on cPanel, but that I should check with support to be sure. When I did I was told, "No problem. We have many clients using SiteBuilder on cPanel." I’d sure like to know what they did to get the email problem fixed because I have spent a month of wasted time and money, with no results. I have even offered to pay SWsoft to fix it, again with no luck. I don’t know if the developers just don’t have time or maybe they are just not interested. You would think that it would be in their best interest to have their software work on cPanel.
I must admit SiteBuilder looks great and appears to be a solid product when it comes to ease of use for your end users. However, the install with cPanel is another story. The phone support people and engineers over at SWsoft are great. I must admit they have helped me to the best of their ability, and I know every phone support person by name now. I know this for a fact because all I have say is, "This is Mike calling", and they know who I am and what it’s about! (lol) We even laugh together about this now, but I am stuck here and I need help. I’m not accepting that this can’t be done, especially since I was told by SWsoft from the beginning that this was possible. I am hoping this post may shed some light on the matter. I’m also going to forward this post to the head sales engineer with hope I might get a little attention and get some help. All I am after is to get this thing working as it should.

Your error is not even close to mine.

Sorry! I think you have other issues completely.

Mike

Cpanel and Sitebuilder Final Working

Well after a month, I have hired a programmer to get my problems sorted, to my surprise I now have the fix for the mail problem with sitebuilder and Cpanel. If anybody needs the fix Private message me and we will work something out!

Thanks

Back