• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SiteBuilder Licensing

L

Lonewolf

We are looking at purchasing SiteBuilder but have a question about the licensing. From the pricing structure, the license is per domain basis? Since Plesk will only allow you to setup an application at a "Client Account" level and not a domain level, how does this work?

We do not want to have to do ANY manual transactions in order to set this feature up for a client's domain. If we have to manually add SiteBuilder to the client's app vault, install it, then remove SiteBuilder from the client's app vault all because we must pay for each time the client uses it on one of their domains.... this package is not for us.

So.. how is everyone else dealing with this issue? or is this an issue?

Alright, I take it that the answer to this is pretty obvious in that no one has ever responded to this question. However, neither has the Sales people for Site Builder responded either.

Given this, I beleive it is safe to say we will not be purchasing Site Builder.

Thanks.

Lonewolf,
I'm new to the hosting world, but I do use the Site Builder. I charge $5 per domain. I've got a 300 site license with the multi server addon. The automation would only work halfway with a multi server setup b/c you don't even install the SiteBuilder software on each box, just your main box. This is where I can't automate the SiteBuilder login function b/c the SB just uses ftp to log in, and when I have a client on svr2, it doesn't create the SB button under the domain admin.... I have to create it and modify a few settings so it'll automatically log them in.

On the admin side, you actually have to create a username, if one doesn't pre-exist from using the wizard.(wizard= non clients can create a complete site, then it gives them a unique SB ID. Then they can purchase your service and punch in the ID and have their site published. Anyway, got off topic. After the username is set, you have to manually log in and grant them publishing permission and activate their account.

I personally love the SB! I have made many sales just because of interest in the SB. A few clients have created some really nice looking sites. Sorry if my grammar is bad as I'm not going to proof read and HAPPY HOUR is on!

Best Regards,
poke

poke,

What sort of settings do you modify to log the client in automatically?

Because I don't want to give my clients access to plesk, I'm trying to create a control panel from which the clients can just click a link next to a domain name that will automatically log them in.

Hmm. that's interesting, I posted this during version 1.1.x and the login shema was different.

Now I'm at SB 2.1.0 and we just use the Built in SB remote login.

When I used SB 1 I would just use http://sitebuilder.yourdomain.com/towizard? then enter in the users, username and password(just their ftp login)

Now with 2.x there is sitelogin.php for clients and the ftp login only applies to the actual publishing. The login is now different than the ftp username/password.

However, you shouldn't need your customers to log into the plesk cp, just direct them towards sitebuilder.youdomain.com/sitelogin.php...

As far as the new API for SB2.x, I haven't had to mess with it yet, so sorry I don't what you could enter to have a "one click login"..

Hope this helps a little :)

We solved this issue by running a script that adds a "Install Site Builder" custom buttom to their domain control panel. When the user install sitebuilder, we change the custom button to "Uninstall SiteBuilder". And since we are handling the custom button script ourselves, we are able to turn it on and off for our clients who meet our business logic automatically. Yay!

Anyhows, just wanted to let everyone know that you can set it up so that you can automatically have the system allow or disallow sitebuilder. You just have to put in custom coding is all.

Back