• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder redirect vanished post php recompile

S

sanjeevsarma

Hello

I recently did a php recompile on my server to enable IMAP.

In course of this, I discovered that my sitebuilder installation, which was available on http://sitebuilder.osmosweb.com is no longer active. It just does not redirect to the sitebuilder installation.

Could someone please help in terms of pointers I could give to my server guys to recompile php so that the link starts working again ?

The sites and files and installation is still there at the same place for all I know, nothing has been deleted.

Warm Regards
Sanjeev Sarma

Do you have php5sb packages installed on the server? This package should go with Sitebuilder and should be used for Sitebuilder configuration only. It includes pre-compiled PHP which observes all necessary requirements for Sitebuilder site. Right now, wrong PHP is in use and you can check it here:

http://sitebuilder.osmosweb.com/check.php

As you can see some of the extensions are not enabled.

If package php5sb is installed and there are /opt/php52/bin/php5 and /opt/php52/cgi-bin/php5 exist, try to make proper configuration with help of 'sb_config' utility:

# sb_config --phpcli_path /opt/php52/bin/php5 --phpcgi_path /opt/php52/cgi-bin/php5

After that restart apache, just in case and check it one more time. Let me know about the results.

thx dmitri

you've been a valuable help, as always. thank for you that

One more Q. SB was installed by the former SWSOFT team

So I presume that the php5sb package was also installed. In case it was not, where is it normally stored?

I would like to connect to my server guys with all necessary info, so that they don't keep bouncing me back to you. They really are pretty helpful, but they would love exact info so that they can do the job

Also, in case this is done, would existing sites databases crash? Or would they stay?

Regards
Sanjeev Sarma

my server guys responded

There is no specific package or module like this included in the installer.

You are currently running apache 1.3 with php 5.2.8 on the server. I can't really tell you why their product wont work on this.

Perhaps the older apache is the cause or, as I think I've noted before, the OS [FC5] is past EoL so the support for it is also ended and possibly this is part of the problem with the cpanel apache compile.

sb_config errors

I ran the # sb_config --phpcli_path /opt/php52/bin/php5 --phpcgi_path /opt/php52/cgi-bin/php5

and i got

[FATAL] Error connecting to MySQL on localhost:3306
Reason: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
There were some configuration errors, check logs
Logs saved to /usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp/sb_config-0903071651.log

I checked the URL
http://forum.parallels.com/printthread.php?t=81523
and tried some of the suggestions there:

"sb_config --db_admin_name root --db_admin_passwd <password from my.cnf> (DID THIS)

If this does not help you can try to set appropriate root password for connecting to MySQL database here /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/SB/Defaults.pm:

'host' => 'localhost',
'username' => 'root',
'password' => '',
'dbname' => 'sitebuilder3', "
(DID THIS TOO)

And no changes at all
yet I keep getting the MSQL error ...

I checked the databases, the sitebuilder3 DB is there ...

Where am I going wrong?

Warm Regards
Sanjeev Sarma

Back