• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitepreview not working

Z

zebrafilm

It seems a problem in all versions but I am testing the v10 on a new server I need to check all websites before going live.
When a user clicks sitepreview they get an 500 error. Running the site on localhost shows me this error:

Calling LoadLibraryEx on ISAPI filter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\isapi\sitepreview.dll" failed

Win Server Web 2008 R2 X64
Fresh install from OS and Plesk.
Imported the sites from v9.5.2

Igor, thanks again. Got it working.

Just curious if there is a timeframe for a real 64bit Plesk?

Could you please clarify what is advantage in 64-bit Plesk?

Wow, this hasn't been fixed in Plesk 10???

There are several reasons why you want to keep IIS running in 64bit mode on a 64bit server. Namely, to ensure compatibility with other native x64 apps that utilize IIS on the same machine.

With Plesk 9, I had TONS of problems with SmarterMail, SmarterStats, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010, because these server apps are expecting iis in 64bit mode. Some don't even give you the option to install the 32bit version on a 64bit server! I was left trying to hack Smarter Tools executable files to run in 32bit mode with a tool called CorFlags, and this would reset every time I upgraded to a newer version (which results in unecessary downtime).

And forget trying to trick TFS 2010 to work with it. I ended up running IIS in 64bit mode and cutting out the sitepreview module, so that all my software would work natively.

Which brings me to my next point: Is there anything preventing plesk from working properly in IIS native 64bit mode besides the site preview? If there is, you guys need to make a list, and potentially allow the disabling of these features in the admin. If site preview is the only module, then just spend the time to upgrade that single feature!

What is unbelievable is that you can go release after major release and still not know how much heartache this "hack" causes for your 64 bit clients!

Can someone from plesk please just provide a suitable and complete answer to this?

Had the same problems thank god now all you have to do is enable 32bit apps on 64 bit pools with SM7 and above :)

Starting from 10.4 version, Plesk doesn't switch global switch in IIS Enable32bitAppOnWin64. Now this option enabled on Plesk related Application Pools only. We have removed all global ISAPI filters used by Plesk, so now there should be no conflicts with other applications installed near Plesk.

Back