• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Skeleton Files

E

ecollins

Does is there away to control the skeleton files per client or can you only control and change the main skeleton files?

Would be really nice if I could setup 10 clients all with different skeleton files.

(I am a domain reseller and want to break parking pages into categories: IE poker, adult, medicine, travel, and so on)

Skeleton files really save alot of programming time for parked pages.

In the Client management module, you can create a skeleton, but this single skeleton will affect all. Apparently you can only have a single skeleton, if you upload a new one, it replaces the old.

If you create a custom script to dump your own skeleton files into a new domain, you can add the script to the Server's Event Handler:

The event manager feature is designed to help you organize data interchange between Plesk and external systems. It works the following way: you create a script to be executed upon a certain control panel event, and then create an event handler that triggers the event processing. You can assign several handlers to a single event.

Or after creating a domain, you can always SSH to shell and copy your skel folders into that domain's docroot.

Or have 10 skel files ready then just upload the one you want to use, then create the client. Upload a different one and create the next client. 2 step process, but better than nothing I guess (until Plesk decides to allow multiple skeletons)

Back