• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Slow qmail + permanent (!) solution?! (-R)...

S

Spacey@

Hiyas!

I found out via several topics here & @ rootforum that the slow sending emails via qmail can be solved with the "-R" command to disable ident checking. This works great for me: Sending is now normal fast.

I editied the file /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa that it show's now:

server_args = -R /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r list.dsbl.org -r sbl.spamhaus.org [...]

The problem is: When I edit the RBL list for example or other stuff regarding Mail - It seems that Plesk overwrited this file and kicks out that -R again.

How to make that good working -R solution permanent?

BTW: I'm using Suse 9.3 with Plesk 7.5.4, qmail, spamassassin & DrWeb..

Unfortunately everytime you change the MAPS settings the smtp-psa file gets overwritten. As far as I know there isn't much that can be done about it.

And shouldn't you be putting -Rt0 at the beginning of the server_args statement? That's what I've seen in every other post regarding this issue.

I read about the -Rt0 as well as only -R - and the only -R works for me.

No chance to implement that -R somewhere in an Plesk ini File that it generates it with -R when changes happen?

hi,

i fixed it permanently with:

iptables -A OUTPUT -p TCP --dport 113 -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset

what good is the ident-thing anyway, how many percent of all mail-servers answer to that ???

Back