• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple Qmail smtp instances on a dedicated IP with dedicated SMTP Greeting

J

josesan311

Hello guys,

Im currently trying to setup 3 different qmail smtp instances to listen on port 25 and with their own SMTP hostname greeting message.
I was thinking the best way could be to copy qmail to different folders, but im not sure how to do this properly, is this possible?
Im running Qmail Plesk8 with FC4.

Also, I was trying to create different qmail binds in xinetd.d with the following settings,

service smtp
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
disable = no
user = root
instances = UNLIMITED
env = SMTPAUTH=1
server = /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env
server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r sbl.spamhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd `cat /var/qmail/control/me` /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
}

I thought the `cat /var/qmail/control/me2` would solve the smtp greeting issue? Anyway, for some reason is not working so im not sure if its a good solution.
(By the way, me2 file contains a valid hostname.)

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated

Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, Any advice?

I really need a hand on this. Will be useful to contact Plesk Support deparment to accomplish this? If so, where should i contact them?

Back