• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

slow smtp in sending email connection

V

vickibellamy

Why is smtp connection so slow when sending email?

I had the save problem in 8.2 and managed to correct this by editing the server_args line to include -Rt0 as the first argument in the smpt_psa file found here: /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa

Cant seem to locate this file in plesk 8.6 can anyone help plese

Seems you have Debian or FreeBSD Plesk version? In this case option -Rt0 should be added to /etc/inetd.conf file with something like

smtp stream tcp nowait root /path/to/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env -Rt0 ...

smtps stream tcp nowait root /path/to/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env -Rt0 ...

It is necessary to restart inetd in order for the changes to take effect.

This is the code I see

smtp stream tcp nowait.1000 root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env /usr/bin/env SMTPAUTH=1 POPLOCK_TIME=20 END=1 /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
smtps stream tcp nowait.1000 root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env /usr/bin/env SMTPAUTH=1 POPLOCK_TIME=20 END=1 /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
#submission stream tcp nowait.1000 qmaild /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env /usr/bin/env SUBMISSION=1 SMTPAUTH=1 END=1 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.proftpd
poppassd stream tcp nowait/1000 root /usr/sbin/tcpd /opt/psa/admin/bin/poppassd

Please could you provide me with exact instructions or code for me to edit as this is new to me and
dont want to mess anything up.

Many thanks

It should be:

smtp stream tcp nowait.1000 root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env -Rt0 /usr/bin/env SMTPAUTH=1 POPLOCK_TIME=20 END=1 /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
smtps stream tcp nowait.1000 root /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env -Rt0 /usr/bin/env SMTPAUTH=1 POPLOCK_TIME=20 END=1 /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true

Just add -Rt0 after tcp-env for 'smtp stream' line and 'smtps stream' line. And do not forget restart inetd after that.

Back