1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Smart to remove log files?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by thastudio, Jan 17, 2006.

1. thastudio

thastudio Guest

Hello

Today I noticed I was using all my diskspace resources on my VPS. But I didn't change a thing. While I was checking the size of all folders on my server I noticed there was a log file: /var/log/messages that was almost 4GB big.

Now I just removed it and everything is working normal, but I also saw some other log files with a size of 10MB. Can I just remove them every once and a while or does that happen automaticly?

Thanks in advance

2. jwdick

jwdick Guest

You can set the log rotation for each domain to limit the file size of a log before Plesk creates a new log or you can set it do create a new log file once a day. You can also specify how many logs to keep in rotation. Check this for each domain in "Log Files" "Log Rotation".

3. thastudio

thastudio Guest

Thanks, I changed the log rotation and I hope it keeps working...

Again thanks for the replies...