• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

smarter mail and plesk problem

A

atomicmak

i am using smartermail 4.1 with plesk 8.1.0

there is one feature in plesk domain > mail > preference > Catchall

Bounce
forward
discard

bounce works fine with smartermail
forward as well too.

BUT

discard is what doing is
it creates aan email user in smartermail with name : [email protected]
and build one alias under domain with
catchall123.. > [email protected]
which then dump all non existence incoming emails to [email protected] instead of making it empty.

what that does refelct is that if domain has so many email all spam to nonexisting emails to trash account which is no where shown in plesk but the disc quota count get failed as if you see full report under plesk and see mail section it will show total disk used by mail is : 235.xx mb
and
individual mail user e.g.
info : 12mb
sales : 35mb
support : 17mb

then if you count all existing email id space it is less than the actual count shown in plesk mail full stat.

i think this is bug and should resolve immidiately.

i also tried to revert setting of nonexist email from discard to bounce but that trash email didnt get removed from smartermail and it is always counting as domains disk space usage.

if plesk dont give information to domain admin where they are using 253mb acutal then i think this is bug and should resolve immidiately.

or else plesk should show that trash account in cp itself so that domain owner/admin can check and resolve manually.

Back