• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SmarterMail Server (not installed)

C

catnoise

I have just installed Plesk and SmarterMail Server, but in Plesk (Server > Plesk Components Management >) it says that SmaterMail Server is not installed.

I know it is as I have configured it and created mail boxes etc.

I have also installed the licence key and have 250 mail boxes/50 domains ready and waiting...

I have rebooted the server (much to the disgust of my clients).

Now I am at a bit of a loss and would appreciate some ideas.

Many thanks in advance

After a few hours sleep...

I looked at the Plesk Components Management screen and noticed that to the right of the heading "Mail Server" the text "SmarterMail Server 4.0.2592" was in fact a hyperlink.

Clicking on this gave another screen that allowed me supply user name/password details.

One thing to note, if you have changed the config for SmaterMail and/or SmarterStats to work on only one IP address (which is what I had done for security reasons) it looks as if it has be be the same as the one you are using for Plesk. So my logon details did not work. Once I changed the Smarter products to work on all IP addresses it was fine.

And that was it...

SmarterMail and SmarterStat were then available to be selected else where in Components Managment screens.

Hope this helps.

Back