• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SmarterMail upgrade 2.6 to 3 - All Accounts Missing!!

P

Phil C

After some unexplained service stoppages I upgraded SmarterMail from 2.6 to 3.0 however I was shocked to find all the domains and accounts had disappeared and it reset the admin acount and password!

The domains and accounts are all still in the C:\SmarterMail\Domains directory (default, so should have been no prob there) and if I add an account for a previous name, I get their Sent mail etc back (phew!) however I don't want to have to do this to every account (especailly after the initial heart attack!).

Although the rest of SmarterMail 3 seems fine, Plesk still shows 2.6 as the Service Component, even after re-synching the admin account password - is this hardcoded on the screen and/or do they only support that far?

I've raised a ticket but maybe one of you has had a similar surprise / experience.

I note that prev SM versions required a total uninstall first, I tried that again but same thing.

Cheers, Phil

Got the response from SM (and spotted by www.dedipower.com my ISP - pretty good of them!), the answer lies in the domainlist.xml file in C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\Service (or wherever yours is installed) - the upgrade wipes it out which is rather annoying... if you back it up first you'll be sorted!

Fortunately, the upgrade does backup the user accounts into an accountList_bak.xml backup file - get rid of the _bak and you'll need to restart the whole service in Plesk or Windows (the SM Service reload does not reload it sufficiently it seems) - they'll all come lovingly back!

Hope this reduces the stress of someone else! Phil.

Back