• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

smtp dynamic hostname from ip

christian

Basic Pleskian
i was configured a fail over ip on a plesk 12.5 server , centos7.
the server work as DNS server for all domains, with NS records declared and fully working.

postfix and dovecot are configured, with spf, dmarc, and dkim working and tested.

but, to gain capacity to send email without spam marker on all emails recipients, i'm searching the way to resolve the probleme that the online tool mxtoolbox show as "Reverse DNS is not a valid Hostname" .

i'm searching how to configure postfix to respond using the hostname for server static ip and other smtp banner for request to mail domain using the failover ip.

i tested to set the reverse dns of the failover ip to the hostname already declared, but it seem it's a big mistake, and my ovh provider refuse to do.
i searched a lot, but it seem that using dynamic hostname in postfix is the only one way to resolve this problem properly.

the only 'usefull ' response i found is here,
Using multiple "myhostname" in postfix

but, too beginer in postfix configuration, and working on production server, i'lm searching confirmation/ other advice or warning about this anwser,

and the most important answer. it can work.?

please read the post.
it's for 2 IPs that point to the same server.
1 static IP, and 1 failover IP.
your link talk about problem for 1 static ip. already resolved..

the real problem is to manage hostname sended by smtp protocol when sending email from domains using the additionnal failover ip.

Last edited:
Back