• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP inbound queue

MailEnable 3.51
PLESK 8.1.0
all antivirus uninstalled

what happend with PLESK??????

last week?? this week?? mnever????

I think 4 weeks with this issue it´s enough.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The new patches are not fully working for me either. The problem doesn't occur that often, but it's still there.

Personally, I am extremely disappointed with the competence and dedication of the Plesk Development Team and their supervisor's.

hmm

Hi guys,

the solution I told you above (without patch) is working quite fine. Since I done this no error was on our systems *happy me* :) So I think it is not so fast as the original settings but it is working and thats the thing that counts :)

Best regards,

dkuwi

i have applied the patch, deactivated kaspersky antivirus and things are working fine now for last 2 days.

From Mailenable we can download a new update, You can see the release notes:
http://www.mailenable.com/Professional20-ReleaseNotes.txt

FIX: SMTP was timing out on some antispam gateways which trickled data to MailEnable on connection
FIX: If Plesk control panel is installed then IME_ADMIN is given access to the ISAPI filters

I´ll upgrade my test server this night..

Originally posted by sergius
Gentlemen,

We can suggest you hottestfix for beta testing.

Please do following
1. downlaod four files memailfilter.exe, memailfilter_usr.exe, memta.dll and plesksrv.exe from ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Autoupdate/Windows/8.1.0/111240
2. stop Plesk Management Service and MailEnable
3. backup old memailfilter.exe, memailfilter_usr.exe, memta.dll and plesksrv.exe
4. replace these files
5. start Plesk Management Service and MailEnable

We would be grateful if you could try it and give feedback here.

Did this and so far (1 week) the problem didn't happen anymore.

Nuno Mendes

By the way, does the new plesk update (Plesk 8.1.0 for Windows Update 070216.19)contain these files or do I need to replace them again after applying the update?

Thanks

Nuno Mendes

Originally posted by Nuno Mendes
By the way, does the new plesk update (Plesk 8.1.0 for Windows Update 070216.19)contain these files or do I need to replace them again after applying the update?

Thanks

Nuno Mendes
It is unnecessary. Plesk updates are cumulative.

SF inbound queue

more than 2000 emails are stuck in my SF incoming queue. how to release them. i have an MTA agent MEFILTEr which is crushing and causing all this hold up.

anybody could help?

farshid

I am going to post my experiences so everyone can maybe gain something off it.

I too was having problems with the memailfilter.exe and memailfilter_usr.exe loading a ton of times. Each time, it would consume about 7-8 MB of RAM and quickly bring my server down.

I read through many of the posts about the SMTP Queues and old messages. I did have a bunch of messages in there and by deleting the old messages, it helped, but it didn't fix the problem.

I tried changing the order of the mail filter, number of threads and everything, still had the exe files loading.

I ended up turning off the mail pickup event (unchecking it) but that still did not work. I restarted the mail server processes each step of the way just to make sure.

In the end, with the item disabled, I went into the folder where the memailfilter.exe and memailfilter_usr.exe files were located and renamed the files (never delete) just so that MailEnable can't load it.

THIS WORKED... so far....

It's been about 4 hours and not even a hiccup yet. Memory is very manageable on the machine and it is working.

One other thing... I don't use MailEnable's spam/antivirus filtering because I could never get it to work properly and it always consumed tons of memory. For a couple of years I have been running NoSpamToday and it works perfect... not the cheapest by any means, but works good.

I always left MailEnable's protection enabled because I have never needed to fully disable it until now.

Hopefully what worked for me, works for you.

Shawn

repaet

Hi,

hm I only want to tell you, that our systems here are still working without any problem. I do not applied the latest service pack and made only the changes that I mentioned in my earlier reply. Hope you can tell the same positive news???

Br,

dkuwi

I also having this issue. It seems the only way to kick the inbound MTA going again (until its reached max threads, mine is set to 8) is to restart Plesk Mgmt + PopPass and all ME services.

I tryed to switch from Kaspersky to DrWeb using Plesk CP and it hung. I closed the browser and tried stopping Kaspersky service manually via services.msc and it hung. Now, im trying to relogin to Plesk CP and it hung at login.

I rebooted the server and now im getting a crazy amt of email, but not sure if the inbound queue is fixed quite yet. Will update.

Its Plesk Management Service that is screwing everything.

I entered Task Mngr and ended w3wp.exe Username: psaadm
and plesksrv.exe Username: SYSTEM

After, I restarted Plesk Management Service via services.msc.

Now, I can get into the control panel, getting a TON of emails and memailfiler_usr.exe Username: SYSTEM is filling up Windows Task Manager like crazy.

I notice in this thread , it describes this problem being fixed..

The following issues were fixed and improvements were made in Plesk 8.1.0 for Windows Update 070211.04:
1. Double quota calculation for Gene 6 FTP Server
2. Nondelivered e-mails and filled SMTP inbound queue in MailEnable
3. Disabling Newsfeeds script on Horde IMP page
4. Hiding "MPC extras" button on mailluser page
5. Information about license expiration date is more evident
6. PHP error message "... Exception class redeclare ..."
7. Faulting application plesksrv.exe, version 8.100.0.0
8. The problem with Plesk update-tamplate installation
9. Admin PHP performance improved
10. License option "Ability to manage the default state of Create Blog and Photo Gallery subdomains" turned on by default

Temporary fix for Plesk 8.1 inbound smtp and login issue is switching A/V component from Kaspersky -> DrWeb and then opening MailEnable Admin Console, Under Agents "MTA" , click Properties.. Disable/Uncheck "Enable pickup event".

Seems to be working for me.. so far.

So what was the final outcome of this.. I am now having this problem. Wish I would have read this before adding in the antivirus solution. I had everything running great up until I went to plesk under add remove programs and added in virus protection.

UGHHHHH!!!

Please, it could inform which to me was the final solution that you had in this problem?

In mine in case that I go in SERVER - >> MAIL --> ANTI-VIRUS --> SCANNING DISABLED and the messages functions normally, more if I qualify antivirus the messages I am all in incoming

which was the solution that you had found? :confused: :confused:

Back