• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP inbound queue

Hopefully, SWsoft will try a bit more to provide us a permanent fix for this issue, as I'm sure nobody is comfortable with with having the service restart 2 or 3 times a day.

SWsoft?

Originally posted by Bogdan
Hopefully, SWsoft will try a bit more to provide us a permanent fix for this issue, as I'm sure nobody is comfortable with with having the service restart 2 or 3 times a day.

SWsoft?
Could you please wait 8.1.1 which is expected in March, 7

Originally posted by sergius
Could you please wait 8.1.1 which is expected in March, 7

Of course not! We need a permanent solution NOW!

This part of your software has always been a problem. We had a lot of trouble with Plesk 7.5 and MailEnable's configuration files getting corrupted, Plesk 7.6.1 with metamail.exe processes getting stuck and now we see the MTA service freezing in Plesk 8.1. Every time you have a problem you're telling us to wait a few months and wait for the next Plesk version, but always the next version comes with it's share of bugs. So far, Plesk hasn't been able to offer us a decent mail solution and every time we tell you about a problem you postpone it's resolution for a few months.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE

Are you incapable of providing a piece of software that works?

Are asking too much of you if we want the software that you sold us and we paid for to work?

I am sick ad tired of your attitude an incompetence!

The first post in this thread dates since 12th December 2006. We're in February 2007 now and they still haven't released a patch that works, nor were they even able to reproduce the problem in their testing environment.

I think this says enough about SWsoft's commitment to providing high quality software and the competence of the people they hire.

im also having this problems... will you still force us to restart service 2-3 times a day? Or find a REAL solution? Im having a lot of issues with new plesk... Why dont you first test the all fetures and then make it available to the customers? What comes first? The money or the customers? Please choose one and make your decisions through it.. Or you will lose both of them during next years...

We need a solution¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
Pleaseee

Gentlemen, we are working over this issue just now.
Please wait, anyway we will solve it during this week.

Solution

Hi,

we also had this Problem on several Servers. This Problem will be fixed in Plesk 8.1.1.

You can do the following workaround to get this problem be solved since this Patch:

1) At [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Agents\MTA] registry key delete the following values:
"Pickup Event Class Name"="pleskmemta.PleskMEMTA"
"Pickup Event Class Enabled"=dword:00000001

The above is for 64Bit Systems, in 32 Bit systems the Wow6432Node is not present.

2) At MailEnable.msc -> MTA agent properties set pickup event to %plesk_bin%\memailfilter.exe.

This will switch Plesk back to memafilter.exe pickup event handler.

Best regards,

dkuwi

Re: Solution

Originally posted by dkuwi
Hi,

we also had this Problem on several Servers. This Problem will be fixed in Plesk 8.1.1.

You can do the following workaround to get this problem be solved since this Patch:

1) At [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Agents\MTA] registry key delete the following values:
"Pickup Event Class Name"="pleskmemta.PleskMEMTA"
"Pickup Event Class Enabled"=dword:00000001

The above is for 64Bit Systems, in 32 Bit systems the Wow6432Node is not present.

2) At MailEnable.msc -> MTA agent properties set pickup event to %plesk_bin%\memailfilter.exe.

This will switch Plesk back to memafilter.exe pickup event handler.

Best regards,

dkuwi

SWsoft support also suggested this, but it's a terrible idea with regard to the mail server's performance. I have it set up on one server that uses mail services intensely and from what I saw so far, it's much slower and it seriously affects the server's IO. I'm haven't been running with this this setup for a period of time long enough to say if it actually solves the problem permanently.

Gentlemen,

We can suggest you hottestfix for beta testing.

Please do following
1. downlaod four files memailfilter.exe, memailfilter_usr.exe, memta.dll and plesksrv.exe from ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Autoupdate/Windows/8.1.0/111240
2. stop Plesk Management Service and MailEnable
3. backup old memailfilter.exe, memailfilter_usr.exe, memta.dll and plesksrv.exe
4. replace these files
5. start Plesk Management Service and MailEnable

We would be grateful if you could try it and give feedback here.

still the same problem

Hello,

I have applied the patch. For 1 day it worked but then again the emails started queuing in the smtp inbound queue.

I am using Mailenable Enterprise v2.

Please help as i am loosing alot of customers.

Farshid

Re: still the same problem

Originally posted by farshid
Hello,

I have applied the patch. For 1 day it worked but then again the emails started queuing in the smtp inbound queue.

I am using Mailenable Enterprise v2.

Please help as i am loosing alot of customers.

Farshid
Sir, thank you very much for your post.
Could you please share here information
1. How many emails were in smtp inbound queue when you decide that this is a bad?
2. How many emails your mail server send and recieve in that day when emails started queuing?

Hello,

The queue started filling up some 10 hours ago. the first time it reached 1600 emails. I had to restart the server multiple times for the queue to get empty. Now it is starting again.

I never checked how many emails are sent and recieved but for last few days this problem is happening.

I checked the MTA events and it gives the following error

Pickup event did not find the path to executable(2)

This happens with every email it checks in the queue.

Farshid

Hello,

I just turned off the Kaspersky antivirus and now emails are flowing. Now i am afraid of viruses getting into the system.

As i read in the earlier posts, this is a temporary solution and emails might again start piling up in the queue.

I also noticed that i still get the same error message in the MTA log saying Pickup Event could not find path to executable (2)

Farshid

I never checked how many emails are sent and recieved but for last few days this problem is happening.
Please check size of log file <Mail Enable>\Logging\MTA\MTA-Debug-YYMMDD.log and period of time over which the file was written.

Please see attached gif image of the mta log folder. All file sizes and dates are given

Farshid

Please see attached gif image of the mta log folder. All file sizes and dates are given

Farshid

I guess the image was not attached. below is the info:

MTA-Debug-070213.log 1,262 KB 2/13/2007 11:58 AM
MTA-Activity-070213.log 1,030 KB 2/13/2007 11:58 AM
MULTAFILTER-Report-070213.log 2 KB 2/13/2007 11:15 AM
MTA-Activity-070212.log 720 KB 2/13/2007 8:11 AM
MTA-Debug-070212.log 621 KB 2/13/2007 8:11 AM

I guess the image was not attached. below is the info:

MTA-Debug-070213.log 1,262 KB 2/13/2007 11:58 AM
MTA-Activity-070213.log 1,030 KB 2/13/2007 11:58 AM
MULTAFILTER-Report-070213.log 2 KB 2/13/2007 11:15 AM
MTA-Activity-070212.log 720 KB 2/13/2007 8:11 AM
MTA-Debug-070212.log 621 KB 2/13/2007 8:11 AM
It looks good. Please answer me for private message.
Probably there were large emails and it took Kaspersky for a long time. How many emails in SMTP queue just now?

Back