• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP logging only for 1 day

S

SujithC

Hi All,

My SMTP server seems to be logging only for 1 day of SMTP activity and SMTP-Debug. There are only around 30-35 log files (including W3C, which stores every hour logs) in the log location. I cant find a setting that could be causing them to get removed at the end of every day..

I have two servers that are running Mail enable, one is pro and the other is Standard Edition, both are having the same issue..

Server Details :
CP : Plesk 10.2.0 (Its running with ME Std Edition ) and 10.4.4 (Its running with ME Pro Edition )
Log location : Default

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you, Team!

Regards,
Sujith

Hi IgorG, Thanks for the reply..
But this is not my problem, I just want to keep at least 1 week logs, so it is not a log time.. My other servers that are running with plesk 8.x is working just fine, they have logs for almost 1 year, with out issues, without changing any registry values.. I think the issue with plesk 10 and windows 2008R2..

I believe it is the statistics utility that does that each time it is ran.. I cant find a setting to change it..

The statistics scheduled task must be present in the Windows Scheduler(Start > Administrative tools > Task scheduler)

IgorG, That I know, the questions is, if the issue is with statistics, how can we exclude mail logs (SMTP and POP) from statistics? Or how can I keep the mail logs (SMTP and POP) after running statistics?
Under plesk 10, Home > Tools & Settings> Statistics > Settings of Server Statistics > Here is only we can exclude mail box size calculation for an account (Include in the disk space usage calculation > uncheck mail box). No other option to keep the mail logs or no other settings that helps us!

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one idea.
In Task Scheduler find task with description "Daily script task" and add additional task which will backup ME log files somewhere and run 15 minutes earlier than "Daily script task".

So, you think there is no option for controlling the statistics within the control panel?

According to developers it is not so easy to exclude ME logs from Daily Maintenance Script.

But it was working before (around 26 th April 2012), Am sure, as I had a spamming issue on that days and I have fixed it with the help of these logs files.. Also I just confirmed it with my friends (having plesk 10) and they have also the same issue..

Back