1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

SMTP: Overlapped I/O Operation

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by daimo, May 3, 2005.

1. daimo

daimo Guest

Just upgraded to v7.5.2 from v7 on a Win2003.

Cannot start the SMTP service in IIS manager. Comes up with the fault: Overlapped I/O Operation is in progress

The SMTP is using port 8025 and have checked this is listed under the system32/drivers/services file.

Any ideas?

2. hanes

hanes Guest

I have the same problem. I want to enable this because I think cdonts won't work without IIS SMTP running.

3. botsman

botsman Guest

Hi guys...Looks like smtp installation is corrupted. Try to reinstall one and then run the magic command:
    regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\smtpsnap.dll

:)

4. WebCTRL

WebCTRL Guest

I have ran this command and still SMTP does not start.

Anyone, has any idea why?

Help - need to get CDONT working again...!

5. botsman

botsman Guest

YOu have to reinstall smtp service before... then apply this command.

6. WebCTRL

WebCTRL Guest

Yes - we ended up re-installing SMTP service and also we had tp redo these steps: ( must say -- everytime we upgrade Plesk CP - we have to re-configure MS - SMTP service )

====
    CDONTS
    regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\cdonts.dll

Go to IIS

Right Click SMTP Service

Go to Properties

Click Security

Click Add

Click "objects"

Make sure groups is checked (it isn't by default)

Find IIS_WPG

Add.

Where microsoft says add IUSR_machinename this will add access for all IUSR_workprocesss for the isolated application pool.
    =================