• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SMTP port 25 mailserver not able to send email

nikketrikke

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu 20
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.46 Update #2
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Se Edition
Version 18.0.46 Update #2

Port 25 is open by firewall
and port 25 also opened by ISP (so they told me i not know how to check if it is true"

hello i try to configure mail SMTP port 25 but without success...
can anyone explain the steps to check the configuration and make it works?
thanks

if i use thunderbird for email... i take to approve certificate but when approve let me there is an error...
even if under plesk i have ssl lets encrytp certificate also on email
Screenshot

a good soul can describe steps to check and make it works?
sending mails from the server to plesk admin work...
i mean the MASS EMAIL SEND of plesk Tools

Does it work when you disable avast! Mail Shield? It seems your antivirus is playing MitM, and that can lead to rather interesting failures.

Indeed there are some Antivirus solutions that require to import the server certificate as they insert themselves into the mail server connection.

In addition to that, it seems that you are using a "smtp" subdomain. Instead, either try using your domain name only (if you have generated a mail certificate for the domain) or the host's domain name only, because for subdomains like "smtp", "pop", "pop3", "imap" etc. there might not be an appropriate SSL certificate on your system, but for the hostname there will normally be.

Indeed there are some Antivirus solutions that require to import the server certificate as they insert themselves into the mail server connection.

In addition to that, it seems that you are using a "smtp" subdomain. Instead, either try using your domain name only (if you have generated a mail certificate for the domain) or the host's domain name only, because for subdomains like "smtp", "pop", "pop3", "imap" etc. there might not be an appropriate SSL certificate on your system, but for the hostname there will normally be.
hello Peter i try to change the server from smtp.sample.com to sample.com and server.sample.com
server.. is the one in postfix
tried also deactivating avast
bu thunderbird need always to verify certify
i need to make change on postfix?
like this
Screenshot
relayhost = [YOUR-SMTP-SERVER-IP-HERE]:587
i not did yet

You could simply compare the certificate name that Thunderbird expects to the domain name you have actually entered as incoming and outgoing mail server. Be aware that there are two settings, just changing one to the correct hostname does not fix it, you need to make sure that both are correct. If the certificate displays the same name that you hae set for incoming/outgoing, there should not be an error message. Apart from that, from your previous screenshot Avast is also interfering.

You could simply compare the certificate name that Thunderbird expects to the domain name you have actually entered as incoming and outgoing mail server. Be aware that there are two settings, just changing one to the correct hostname does not fix it, you need to make sure that both are correct. If the certificate displays the same name that you hae set for incoming/outgoing, there should not be an error message. Apart from that, from your previous screenshot Avast is also interfering.
yes thanks i will try not understand well but give a try..
i see the server has ent the old email in queque so the port 25 works...
the problem is that i not able to configure the client to send email using my server...
and i see all emails went to spam

HELLO Yes i made the same server as incoming that was mail.sample.com i use it and not smtp. or server. or whatever...
and now seems work !!! the only problem is the messages go in SPAM always

is a good way to test what receivers of your mail think about it. It will give you a lot of advice what you can enhance to prevent that messages are moved into spam folders.

Back