• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP problem after upgrade

S

sufiah

I just upgraded plesk 7.5.1 to plesk 7.5.2 and I am having problem when I'm sending email with mail client.
All the mail account created after the upgrade with have problem in sending email, it says the the domain is not listed in rcpthosts file. However, I am able to send email via webmail to the exactly same address that was rejected when I'm sending via mail client.

Does anybody has this problem? Please help.

Thank you

Does it say something like the domain isn't in my list of allowed . . .

Try going to the Server Settings in Plesk, then Mail,
and then choose White List. Make sure that the ip address you're sending from is listed in this section. If it is, try removing and re-adding it. If it isn't, then just add it. Then try your mail.

You can also go to the Preferences section in the Server, Mail section of Plesk and enable Relaying that is Authorization (ie, authorization is required and then check the two boxes). Then, in your mail client, such as Outlook Express, go to Tools, Accounts, Mail, double-click on the account, choose Servers and tell it that "My server requires authorization".

Thx justyxxxx,

Yes, it says that the domain is not the list of the rpcthosts.

I found out the problem, I need to to choose "My server requires authorization". Miss that one completely. :D

I also find out that when you put a domain into the rcpthost, that means anybody can send email though your mail sever to that address (without any authorisation), which is not something that everbody wants because then your server will later be in the black list.

Back