• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP Server (Postfix) Failed after Upgrading 8.6.0 to 9.0.0

M

mewsoft

I Upgraded from plesk 8.6.0 to 9.0.0 successfully, seems everything working fine, except the Postfix which seems replaced the Qmail, never had it before. Now when I try to start the service from Home -> Service Managment, I get tis error:

ERROR: PleskUtilException

mailmng failed: Starting postfix: [ OK ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.MailManager.php:226
MailManager::execWithException(string 'smart_exec', string 'mailmng', array, array, string 'lst')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.MailManager.php:258
MailManager->callMailManager(string 'start-service', array)
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.MailManager.php:966
MailManager->smtpControl(string 'start')
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.ServiceControl.php:420
ServiceControl->action()
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:17
require(string '/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php')
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/plesk.php:41

I followed this KB:

http://kb.odin.com/en/5798

However did not solve the issue,

Please advice

Thank you

Yes I am not familiar, I do the upgrades/updates from inside the Plesk admin Home->Updater, So How do I switch from there? I am with theplanet.com

as described in the knowledgebase

There is no option in Parallels Plesk Control Panel to switch MTA.
Resolution
You may switch MTA using autoinstaller script.

Run the script without parameters

~# /usr/local/psa/bin/autoinstaller

Brujo

brujo, If I run ~# /usr/local/psa/bin/autoinstaller from telnet, will this start new fresh Plesh install or can I only
update plesk and choose Qmail? As I said above this is a dedicated server from theplanet.com and they own the plesk license key.

Thank you

with the autoinstaller you can do install, upgrade Plesk or as you need switch the MTA from postfix -> qmail

Different mailservers
16. ( ) Qmail mailserver
17. (=) Postfix mailserver

Brujo

brujo,

Thank you, I did that:

Run the script without parameters

~# /usr/local/psa/bin/autoinstaller

from http://kb.odin.com/en/5801

and was able to install Qmail and remove Postfix, the Qmail server started normally and all mail services back again and working just fine.

Thank you

that sounds good, i am glad to help someone, Plesk 9 is indeed in my opinion just a beta which was published to early to the community for testing :-(

Brujo

Back