• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP Server Settings

S

snyhof

I was having trouble with my formfeed (contact) forms. It was working but something must have changed and we made some setting adjustments and made a change to the web.config file to get it to work. So it is working, but it seems something is not working when a site is created.

SMTP Server Settings
SMTP server host*
localhost

SMTP server port*

...from email...

The server host was set to my incoming SMTP
mail.xxxxx.com
But we changed the web.config to localhost to make this work.

<smtp deliveryMethod="Network" from="[email protected]">
<network host="localhost" port="25" defaultCredentials="false" userName="

However, when a site is created the network host="mail.xxxxx.com" like the settings were set before. Now I have it set to localhost in the SMTP Server Settings but doen't carry into the web.config file when created.

Any ideas of how this can default to localhost?

When site is creating following SMTP settings gets used: Admin panel -> Server link in left Menu -> SMTP settings. These settings are applicable to Preview sites. When site gets published Host's SMTP settings are gets written into web.config.

p.s. I found out, when you change settings in admin panel - existing Preview sites just ingore new settings and continue use old. So you are forced to change SMTP settings manually for this sites. This will be fixed in next version.

Back