• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SOA Record Alteration

F

FFCus

At dnsreport.com, I did a check of my domain. The email address listed for "Hostmaster E-mail address" (RNAME) is a personal one that I do not wish anyone doing a lookup of my domain to have access to.

Any ideas how I can change this? I'm on a Windows 2003 box with Plesk 7.

I have found how to change the record for the existing domains. The file was located at "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\dns\var\*mydomain.com"

However, now when I create a new domain name, it adds the old email address. Where the heck is plesk getting this from to add in? I've looked all through the Plesk database and I cannot find it. Is it stored in a file somewhere? I've searched and searched with no result. Any ideas...anyone?

I figured it out! The adress is taken from the Client Information that the domain is being created under:

Clients > "Client Name *> Edit

I was so busy looking deep into the inner-workings, I forgot to look right under my nose! :D

Back