• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Software Restriction Error 1625 when installing Plesk 11.5

MPSBBI

New Pleskian
I'm getting the following error when trying to run the Plesk installer:

Installing packages
installing Parallels Panel settings...
Failed to install 'C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.5.30\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\panel.msi': This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator. (Error code 1625)
Error: The installation of the package 'panel' failed with code 1625. (install: installing Parallels Panel settings...)
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support

I have as far as I can see I have set up Software restriction Policy in Local Security policy to 'unrestricted', and 'enforcement' to allow administrator exemptions. I am able to install other software. MS Windows Server 2008 R2.

Any clues what I should do next? I can't find any reference to error code 1625 in the knowledge base.

Andrew

Possible Causes of error 1625:

- You're not logged in as an administrator.
- Your Windows Installer system policy prevents you from installing digitally-signed software updates.

In GPO Admin, create or edit a GPO for the following:

Computer Configuration, Adminsitrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Installer

Find - Prohibit non-administrators from applying vendor signed updates and disable it

run gpupdate on the server (possibly reboot) and it's job done

Hi, I think I found a workaround.

I am AN administrator, but not THE administrator. Hmmm :-/

I had found the 'Windows Installer system policy' possibility on another forum and ran gpedit.msc (no shortcut to that in admin tools on win 2008!) to set it just in case. I thought I had set up the various privilege escalation policies in the native 'local security policy' admin app to allow my account to install - I can install other software fine. Couldn't see anything relevant in the event logs to explain.

Ran gpupdate /force. did a reboot. Same problem - error 1625.

re-ran plesk installer with THE administrator account context in http//localhost - still no luck.

THEN, I logged on to windows server as THE administrator account our hosting provider had given us, and the installer ran fine (so far).

So, there's obviously another buried security setting I have missed which affects other administrators ... hopefully I will find that in due course!

Thanks for your quick response.

Andrew

Possible Causes of error 1625:

- You're not logged in as an administrator.
- Your Windows Installer system policy prevents you from installing digitally-signed software updates.

In GPO Admin, create or edit a GPO for the following:

Computer Configuration, Adminsitrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Installer

Find - Prohibit non-administrators from applying vendor signed updates and disable it

run gpupdate on the server (possibly reboot) and it's job done

Back