• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[SOLVED] Backup Manager > Backup Scheduled > List Empty ?

CerdanS

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Another Plesk 12.5 problem (clean installation), I try to schedule whole server every sunday at 05:00, everythings seems to be OK, message I even got message :

Information: The backup task was scheduled.

but empty scheduled list bellow...

No items found.

Nothing pass, I can't retrieve added scheduled tasks.

See attache file bellow, please if someone have any idea ?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 2015-11-28_09-17-19.png
    2015-11-28_09-17-19.png
    39 KB · Views: 10
I just looked in /var/spool/cron/crontabs it's empty.

--- EDIT TRIED TO ADD CRON TAB IT WORKS ---
I see Cron Tabs in file /var/spool/cron/crontabs under root

The only thing that not WORKS is BACKUP MANAGER SCHEDULES

Manual backups works... and are uploaded to External FTP.

Thanks for any kind of help

Last edited:
Hi Abdi,

Thanks for reply, I've seen those threads before and tested solutions (first is more my subject), no changes (everything was in place in fact before test, folder...), I think problem comes from other source.

In fact my Scheduled Tasks did not add in scheduled list... so problem comes before execution, I was unable to add them (message says OK added, but list empty).

Thenks again

Last edited:
You see, first is you need to confirm that the respective schedule is saved in the psa database by using the above URLs to identify the schedules table ..
If there are no records in the table, then why is plesk not writing to its database ...(We can begin from here...)

Hi Abdi,

Scheduled tasks are written in Database (and works), and there are visible on page of scheduled tasks.

Unfortunately, only plek backup manager tasks are not written in database, why ? I'm not very qualified, it's my 5th server under Plesk from old versions, never experience this kind of problems, I reinstall whole server just before test (but before I used plesk tool to move /var/www/vhosts to /data/www/vhosts (Igor give me command line and it worked perfectly), my server is UBUNTU 14.04 with PLESK 12.5 and on Ubuntu 14 on install maximum 4 partitions (no var), so they ask to move www from var to data.

How can I retrieve Plesk Backup specific scheduled database, if it's not in all scheduled tasts ?

Thanks again for your help.

Hey good news... I think I finally understand "why"... it works, but there's no longer "List of scheduled backups for whloe server", all things are in :

Scheduled Backup Settings so only one possibility of settings.

Before on older PLesk Versions (11.x), I had multiple possibilities of scheduled backups, here it seems in Plesk 12.5 there's only "one possible backup" under :

Home > Tools & Settings > Backup Manager > Scheduled Backup Settings

I prefered option to backup "FULL SERVER" once a week for example SUNDAY morning, and with "LESS OPTIONS" once a week, Thursday night for example...

But It seems that there's now only one option.

I think I'll use as usually a script I've made to backup daily every MySQL database and put it on one of my local NAS and schedule it with CRON, because I've already experienced problems on PLESK backups before (never really had to restore, but when tried it doesn't works fine).

Thanks again, it wasn't really a problem finally, but the message "empty" was introduced me in error. Sorry and thanks again for help.

[CLOSED / SOLVED]

Back