• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[SOLVED] Error "cu_repair__option_validate_configuration_no_extension" after upgrading Debian

LarsenD

Regular Pleskian
I noticed this error when upgrading some servers from Debian Wheezy to Debian Jessie, but Google didn't know about it. So hopefully this will help someone else.

Plesk version was 12.5.30. Right now it is MU#14. Don't recall which MU it was then.

After running the dist-upgrade, I started the Plesk post-script "/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/distupgrade.helper.deb7-deb8_post.x64.sh". This led to "websrvmng: /opt/psa/admin/sbin/apache_control_adapter execution failed:". Probably the reason was "apache2: Syntax error on line 140 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5_cgi.load: No such file or directory".

I don't know why this failed as it was not a problem on other servers. Solved by "a2dismod php5_cgi". Afterwards, "/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/ip_default" was empty. I restored the symlink that had been there before the upgrade.

Then I started "plesk repair all -v -n" and got
Code:
cu_repair__option_validate_configuration_script

cu_repair__option_validate_configuration_no_extension ............. [ERROR]

As a side-effeect, "/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --server --configuration" failed with:
Code:
Use of uninitialized value $errCode in numeric eq (==) at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 40.
Use of uninitialized value $errCode in numeric eq (==) at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 41.
Use of uninitialized value $errCode in numeric eq (==) at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 42.
Use of uninitialized value $errCode in numeric eq (==) at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 43.
Use of uninitialized value $errCode in numeric eq (==) at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 44.
Use of uninitialized value $errCode in numeric eq (==) at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 45.
Use of uninitialized value $errCode in numeric eq (==) at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 46.
Use of uninitialized value $errCode in numeric ne (!=) at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 47.
Runtime error: Not a HASH reference at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 65.

Solution:
I solved those two problems by running a Plesk update via CLI: "/opt/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components".

This installed the micro-updates again that must have been missing before. I can see that "debsums -s plesk-core" before didn't show any changed files (but backup failed), and afterwards it did (amongst others: PmmCli.pm). So, the changed PmmCli.pm doesn't show the problem anymore and "plesk repair" is now fine, too.

Back