• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[Solved]Just out of curiousity, are the latest updates breaking things?

mike_art03a

New Pleskian
Howdy folks,

I've been in and out the forum a few times in the last 2 years or so finding fixes for issues I've had, but this is the first time I've registered and posted anything here, so here goes!

I'm curious if other folks have been having issues with the last few updates? I was using the General Release track with auto-updating enabled (including third-party apps).

The latest one killed all my apache vhost files and regeneration won't fix them, so I had to do a full restore.
The one before that broke my DNS config, that was a pain to rebuild manually.
And the one before that broke Fail2Ban and Web App Firewalll (though I suspect Comodo was to blame).

So yeah, anyone else seeing oddities?

Hi mike_art03a,

even that "auto-updates" are used by a lot of system - administrators, I never recommend them at all. Especially not on production servers with buisiness domains. Updates/upgrades and patches may result in issues with your current, specific and unique system configurations.

In your case
The latest one killed all my apache vhost files and regeneration won't fix them, so I had to do a full restore.
... you had some modifications in your apache - config - files, which are probably not done over "custom templates", but could have be done with manual changes on the config files itself.

But honestly, issues should be investigated to get the root cause(s), instead of global discussions, which may lead to nowhere, because we really don't know, how you configured your server and it's packages. Consider doing investigations, which is much less time investing, than to discuss possible causes for all operating systems and the standard configurations. :):D:)

As far as I can determine, I'm running the stock config + Atomic PHP repo. It's just that it's complaining about vhost config issues, I've checked them and everything points to all the right directories and the files are there... Guess I'll rebuild everything by hand and upload all my clients' files manually. Thank god I keep written records of DNS settings and users.

Well, I figured out the issue. It's the Atomic PHP repo... I removed it, regenerated the config files and it works fine now. So problem solved.

Back