• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[Solved] Migration from Confixx - Error

OliverS.

New Pleskian
Good evening,

we tried to migrate an outdated confixx 3.3.9 (debian box) to a new Plesk 12.5.30 (debian 8.4).

First Error
"An error occurred during domain update: An error occurred during changing of hosting settings: Unable to set IP address for hosting: Unable to set IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for hosting: it is already used by another account."
was solved by choosing a fastcgi version of php as default, the error comes from php fpm.

Second error
"Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the source server 'confixx' (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) with non-zero exit code.
command: mysqldump --help
stderr: DBI connect('host=localhost;mysql_compression=1','root',...) failed: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) at /usr/local/bin/mysqldump line 50
"
was temporarily solved by removing the password from the root mysql user

Now i´m hanging at the third error
"error: Failed to copy content of database 'usr_webXXX_X'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: 'SourceDatabaseServer' object has no attribute 'model'"

and i can´t find anything regarding this problem.

Someone here that already has had this problem ?

Hello! Looks like a bug in migration business logic, but we have not seen this before. We need a debug.log file to investigate, could you please provide it via private conversation? You can found it in session directory: /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/<session name>/debug.log. If we can reproduce this issue, we will provide you a patch immediately.

Hi Aleksey,

thanks for your fast reply, after investigating some time on the weekend we found out that this error was system-related, /usr/bin/mysqldump was not original and didn´t dump the databases but created a list of all databases.

The only annoying things left are the confixx subdomains that can´t be deleted (workaround with renaming and changing with the main domain deletes e-mailaddresses) and that the migration manager uses the wrong ip address, and not the one that was choosen in the process, but we can handle this by manual changes.

the confixx subdomains that can´t be deleted (workaround with renaming and changing with the main domain deletes e-mailaddresses)

Could you please describe this issue with more details? What is your scenario?

the migration manager uses the wrong ip address, and not the one that was choosen in the process

Could you please check file 'ip-mapping' in your migration session directory? It should describe mapping between ip-addresses on source and on target servers that should be used during migration. Is this file contains correct data?

Hi,

by using the migration manager, the new subscriptions uses e.g. web121.oldserver.com as main domain, and customerdomain.com as extra domain.
I thought i just switch them by renaming customerdomain.com to customerdomain1.com, then web121.oldserver.de to customerdomain.com and delete customerdomain1.com, but by doing the last step, all mailaddress got deleted, too. I really like the migrator, its a great tool, but i would really appreciate if the migration could bei done without the confixx subdomain web121.oldserver.com.

I started a fresh migration with a single web and choose the target ip address, the ip-mapping file contains the right ip address, but in plesk the main plesk ip was used. Can i give you more details from any other log ?

Edit:
The actual errors from migration manager:
warning: The component perl is not installed on the destination server. It will be unavailable for the following domains:

and

The DNS service is not installed. The DNS settings will not be restored for the following objects:

No worry about this, but on the old server there is no dns server installed, a bit confusing.

I thought i just switch them by renaming customerdomain.com to customerdomain1.com, then web121.oldserver.de to customerdomain.com and delete customerdomain1.com, but by doing the last step, all mailaddress got deleted, too.

I got it. But I think, business logic in this case could become significantly complicated, because unable to determine automatically that customerdomain.com is the main domain for subscription web121.oldserver.de. Or in your case you have a just one domain per subscription?

I started a fresh migration with a single web and choose the target ip address, the ip-mapping file contains the right ip address, but in plesk the main plesk ip was used. Can i give you more details from any other log ?

Probably selected target IP belongs to another reseller? Did you perform migration via CLI or via GUI? Could you please provide me (via private conversation, because it could contain a private data) an info.log of this migration?

The DNS service is not installed. The DNS settings will not be restored for the following objects:

Looks like a bug in pre-migration checks, we will check it on our test environment.

Hello, @OliverS.!

No worry about this, but on the old server there is no dns server installed, a bit confusing.

We reproduced the issue on our side and confirm it's a bug, bug id is PMT-2821. It'll be fixed in nearest updates of Plesk Migrator. Thank you for the provided details!

Hi,

sorry for my late reply, we are still at the migration.
It seems that there is another problem that has to be fixed manually.

e.g.
Confixx
domain.com -> Forward to http://www.domain.com
www.domain.com -> Forward to http://any.otherdomain.com/?info

Logically plesk only offers domain.com, where confixx allows (with and without www) different targets.
The info.log from plesk migration manager show:

Internal server error: <cli><failure>hosting update is failed: cObject-&gt;update() failed: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value. ('www_root' = '/var/www/vhosts/web1.domain.com/httpdocshttp:/any.otherdomain.com')</failure></cli>

We are fighting with some performance issues while transferring, a single web with about 6 GB html data and 190 domains is still at 50% after three hours with nearly zero traffic on the network.

But curious -> after fixing some non-critical warnings the migration manager is showing the possible problems before starting the migration, that wasn´t there before.

We are getting other results every time we use the migration manager. I´ll provide you with more information as soon as it has finished.

Important question:
The only reason why we are using the migration manager are the passwords, especially for the mailboxes.
Is there any possibility to create anything new, and just import the passwords and content from the mailboxes ?

Edit
This error is new since a few migrations, and this is critically:

| `- error: Failed to copy mail content of subscription. Most probably that happens because of a network-related issue. Check network connections between source and target servers, then run migration for that subscription once more.
| Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the source server 'confixx' (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) with non-zero exit code.
| command: cd /tmp/panel_migrator/pmm_agent; \
| echo web1 \
| | perl -Ishared_legacy mailmapping.pl
| exit code: 2
| stdout:
| stderr: Can't open perl script "mailmapping.pl": No such file or directory

There is no "mailmapping.pl" on the Sourceserver.

Last edited:
Hi,

Maybe another bug we found while migrating:
If the confixxuser has a mailbox, but uses his emailaddresses just to forward to external addresses, the pmm gives this error at migration:

error: Failed to copy mail content of subscription. Most probably that happens because of a network-related issue. Check network connections between source and target servers, then run migration for that subscription once more.
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the source server 'confixx' (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) with non-zero exit code.
command: cd /tmp/panel_migrator/pmm_agent; \
echo web10 \
| perl -Ishared_legacy mailmapping.pl
exit code: 2
stdout:
stderr: Can't open perl script "mailmapping.pl": No such file or directory

After the migration has finished there is no mailmapping.pl or any other content in /tmp/panel_migrator

And maybe you could adjust the speed of migration. There is a web that has about 189 domains in confixx, just the step to setup the domains in plesk needed one and a half hour to complete.

But otherwise it seems to be fine and working. Hope you could fix these errors in a future version, because i assume that there are many confixxservers in the world that has to be migrated :)

Internal server error: <cli><failure>hosting update is failed: cObject-&gt;update() failed: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value. ('www_root' = '/var/www/vhosts/web1.domain.com/httpdocshttp:/any.otherdomain.com')</failure></cli>

I am sorry for long delay. We have worked hard on Plesk Migrator 1.12. Noted issue is a bug PMT-2852 and it will be fixed in version 1.12 as well.

If the confixxuser has a mailbox, but uses his emailaddresses just to forward to external addresses, the pmm gives this error at migration:

Thank you for feedback! We will try to check your case on our test environment.

Back