• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[solved] My "admin" user is not an administrator any more.

flaxton

Basic Pleskian
I was trying out Plesk 12 on Linux - Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, with a trial license. Long-time Plesk (and before that, Ensim) user. I have two other servers running Plesk 11, on CentOS 6.4.

Everything was going fine. The trial ran out. I purchased a Web Pro license (no reseller support) and installed the license.

First I noticed that the "subscriptions" is gone. There is no left sidebar to manage subscriptions.

I tried to manage email on an existing domain, but the tabs are gone (which include "Email"). It will *display* some settings, like the PHP settings, but I cannot change them.

My conclusion is that somehow my admin login no longer has administrator rights when switching licenses or maybe the license type/level. But I don't know where to find out.

Look at the "Tools and Settings" page and you'll see that everything important is missing:

plesk-12-tools-and-settings.png

Any suggestions on getting my Plesk "admin" user back to administrative rights?

I could set up *another* server from scratch, and reinstall Plesk 12, move the license over, backup/restore the sites, but this will be a ton of work.

Thanks in advance,

Fred

I just set the Ubuntu "root" user password. Then logged into Plesk with user "root". Same problem, still no administrator rights. It still sees me as the same user as the "admin" login.

It looks like simplified Plesk where only basic functions are left. It cannot be a result of installing Web Pro license - what is your key number? It looks like PLSK.12345678.0001
Also try to run
# ./poweruser --off -simple false -lock false
- it shall turn simplified UI off

OK, I tried the "poweruser" command, and am making progress.

btw the command I used that worked was:

./poweruser --on -simple false -lock false

But the Email function is still not there.

Turns out, "Enable mail management functions in Plesk" was turned off somehow? Under "Tools & Settings", "Mail", "Mail Server Settings".

That seems to have fixed it. No idea how anything got changed, as I didn't do it.

My previously created email accounts re-appeared. Whew.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! ;-)

Fred

I see I will need to go through each option at a time, comparing to my settings on Plesk 11, to make sure everything is kosher. I suspect other things have changed too.

I did all of this already, when I first set up the server and installed Plesk 12. Still no idea why a bunch of stuff changed by itself.

At least now I can get to everything!

The whole interface changed to the new Plesk 12 interface, from what I'm used to on Plesk 11, without my permission. A trip to

Tools & Settings -> Plesk Appearance -> Interface Management

and selecting "Service Provider view" and "Open hosting operations in Server Administration Panel" set everything right:

plesk-12-service-provider-view.png

My only explanation is either the license expiration did this somehow, or one of the several Plesk updates. I had two or maybe three that were auto-installed while the license was expired. I haven't looked at Plesk on this machine for about three weeks.

Back