• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Reset admin PW not possible because of server cloning

LordReaper

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk version and microupdate number
So today the server was very busy and started updates right on the middle of the day. My customer called me and i tried to find out what happened to the server. So i tried to login in plesk but it was not possible. It always said my pw for admin was wrong. So first i generated a login link. I logged in and tried to set a new password. But on the gui the old password was wrong again. So i tried to set a new password on the shell as described here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...o-get-reset-lost-Plesk-Administrator-password
The problem is, when i try to set a new password it says: "The Plesk administrator password cannot be changed until the server cloning is finished." When i check the status with plesk bin cloning -s it says 1 so there is a cloning in progress. I thought ok maybe it will finish later and i can set the password. But now its been 6 hours. The server is idling around when i check in top. I restarted the server several times. But i still cannot set the password. What can i do to set a new password? Can i stop the server from cloning? Is there a way to see how far the clone is? On the other hand i dont understand why my admin password is wrong. No one changed it.
Greetings

Back