• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Some components not updated after update to Plesk 10.3.1

Knarf

Basic Pleskian
Some components not upgraded after update to Plesk 10.3.1

After an update to Plesk to 10.3.1 on my Ubuntu 10.04 server, some components are not upgraded to the expected version which are shown in the release notes.
For instance, here are the current components versions showed in Plesk with the expected version:
- awstats 6.9~dfsg-1ubuntu3.10.04.1 (expected: 6.95)
- bind 1:9.7.0.dfsg.P1-1ubuntu0.4 (expected: 9.7.3-P3)
- webalizer 2.01.10-32.6 (expected: 2.21)
- psa-mod-fcgid-configurator 2.0.0-ubuntu10.04.build1012110525.15 (expected: 2.3.6)

I tried the following:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller –select-release-current –upgrade-installed-components
But this ends with:
Detecting installed product components. You already have the latest version of product(s) and all selected components installed. Installation will not continue.
and the components are not upgraded.

Also I tried:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-id PLESK_10_3_1 --show-components
This shows a list of components with [up2date], but the above mentioned components are not listed at all.

How do I safely upgrade the components to their current versions in Plesk 10.3.1?
(By the way: upgrading to 10.4.4 is not an option for me yet, I want to wait with that upgrade)

Last edited:
Maybe I should upgrade the packages just via Ubuntu apt-get?
Can somebody confirm that this doesn't break the integration with Plesk?

I hope somebody can tell me how to safely upgrade the components, especially bind (because of the vulnerability) and awstats 6.95.

Right, some of components are not shipped with Plesk but should be installed from OS repository. Check Plesk Release Notes.

Thanks Igor. I just found it that my particular bind version already has the security update (see bind9 1:9.7.0.dfsg.P1-1ubuntu0.4), probably because I did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade before the Plesk upgrade, so the need to update bind9 is not very high at the moment.

Also I am a bit hesitant to do the other release updates, as I don't want to break anything that is working now. Maybe I will try it later.
Before I proceed with the other upgrades I am curious what other administrators experiences are with package/component upgrades to a higher release and the functioning of Plesk thereafter.

Last edited:
Plesk really needs to better address this issue. I don't believe the release notes offer a clear enough explanation about running upgrades outside the Plesk upgrade environment. As you, I want the server to be running current software but I also don't want to blow up Plesk.

Back