• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Some please shoot me

I

iLLuSi0nS

After using cPanel for 4 years, i decided to get my own VPS server with plesk. Plesk is great and i love that i can brand it, but i give up. This is my last cry for help.

I hate spam and im dieing here. My companies going down the drain because of spam. Installed spamassassin and realized it was no good unless u install a bunch of tools for it. I tried downloading spamassassin rules but no one explains how to setup a cronjob or use rulesdujuor or whatever its called. I have spent 3 days trying to figure out how to get rules workin, but no where on this forum does it explain how to. I copied the .cl files to the folder /etc/mail/spamassassin and nothing has happened. I have added the maps list to server>mail>Maps in plesk but that has done nothing. I get 1 message of spam every minute. out of 50 messages 3 get put into my junk email box and 1 of them is real email. Im going crazy. I will pay someone that is a spam expert to get me up to date and set me up. Please someone help PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE. and why does yahoo not receive mail when i send to a yahoo account, 1 out of 10 messages will come through and it will be marked as spam with yahoo. why are the internet Gods hating on me? do i have to sacrafice a mouse to keep them happy?

It has also been causing me problems, Here is what worked for me.

1) Install rblsmtpd with logging (ensure it is working ok)
2) Implement greylisting
3) Install service submission without rbl or greylisting on port 587 for outgoing smtp_auth
4) run a quick mysql command to ensure that everyone who is using bounce email for unrecognised address's are switched to reject
5) run a command to remove dated emails from remote queue after a certain period (you need to decide what you consider old)
6) *optional* create your own rbl using rbldnsd.

This setup up has not only reduced my spam throughput by around 95%+ but is has also reduced the memory usage and processor utilisation by a noticible amount.

Please note that after plesk updates, check all the above to ensure plesk hasn't over writen any setting or binariesyou updated.

Regards

Back