• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Someone Needs To Start Acknowledging The Issues Here

R

rewen125

I, for one, am sick of all the new bugs and reliability issues that are being found since 9.0.0. Today I discovered that my certain email addresses have been rejecting email for the past 3 days. The addresses were not info@ or anything special. They were ryan@ with aliases ryan.ewen@, webmaster@, rewen@. I missed a job opportunity because of this (and I mean a 9-5 40hr a week actual job, not just a project).

I am being bombarded by complaints from my clients. The server needs to be restarted every few days. I can't trust anything about it.

I wouldn't be half as upset if there was just a little bit of FEEDBACK and ACKNOWLEDGMENT from Parallels. But there isn't. The most I've seen is one half-assed reply that wasn't even applicable to the problem in someones thread.

What bugs are being worked on? When is the estimated fix going to be released? Will there be more than one fix, and what will each of them fix? What recommendations are there for workarounds? I don't even know if I should be using QMail or POSTFIX because they both seem problem ridden. We have no guidance or reassurance at all.

I think we deserve some kind of notice or maybe even an apology. There was nothing there to tell me that the release was unstable when I was applying it. I didn't even know that it was going to be an complete overhaul. I understand that I should have backed up beforehand. I understand that it would have been wiser to test on a dev server before a production server. Unfortunately Plesk backup has never worked properly for me in the first place. And I don't have any other servers to test on before using things in production. I applied 9.0.0 in hopes to fix problems with 8.6. Don't I feel like a complete *** now.

I now know to check these forums next time there's an update. I'm never going to assume that things will work the way that they're meant to, until it's been confirmed here.

Who else feels that we deserve better than this? Who else is angry? Let's start a thread here and now, and see if we can get SOMETHING.. anything.

Reply if you're with me.

I'm with you. I have been running some form of Plesk for about the last 7 or 8 years. In that time do you know what I have learned? The makers don't give a **** about us. They have our money already.

Yes I could have switched panels, but my clients are comfortable with Plesk, or at least they were until now.

But I agree that there is a lot of bullshit here with them not supporting the clients. Why do they even bother to have these forums if they are not going to come here to support the stuff?

Someone should be willing to step up to the mic and let us know what is going on!

Perhaps we should start taking our problems to other forums, places that are a little more public.

I'm starting to get the feeling that these forums are here just to keep the complaints out of the public eye.

I came to the same realization, and my solution was not to upgrade until a full quarter after their release. Since it came out at the end of Q4 last year, the end of Q1 this year (march) it should be stable.

Well, I have finally completed the move to my new server (Also a Plesk 9 Box) and it seems a hell of a lot more stable. A lot of the problems must be because of the upgrade process.

BUT, I am still pissed too. There should be someone on these forums at least giving us updates on when the issues will be fixed.

People that have been using Plesk for a while have learned to NEVER upgrade a production server to .0 release.

Honestly, experienced Plesk users or not, I don't really understand why anyone would ever do that either way. I have never in my life used any kind of software that wasn't buggy after a .0 release. I wouldn't be caught dead upgrading Plesk until it's at least 9.2 or beyond. I've been using Plesk since 5.0 and I have never once had a problem upgrading or migrating to a newer version. And I think I have even migrated across 3 different servers over that period of time.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Parallels. They should at the very least improve the level of communication they have with their clients. Utilizing some kind of bug tracker that people can use to see a list of confirmed bugs and what their status is would help out tremendously.

It looks like the mods here have muted my other account. I guess I'm causing too much trouble around here.

This truely is a quarentine for complaints and problems. They don't want to help, but they don't want us to post elsewhere either.

I'm in the process of switching to InterWorx. Google it. It looks like my dream come true.
Thanks for nothing Parallels.

Back