• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Sometimes server restarts. (false positive message in Notifications Panel)

dariusju

Basic Pleskian
It's normal?

The first two restarts was when I was made backup in hostinger it's OK. But third one is unknown.

IMG_20231008_130522.jpg

Plesk never reboots the server unless you click that option in the "Server Management" section. You can try to find the cause for the reboots in /var/log/messages.

It's normal?

The first two restarts was when I was made backup in hostinger it's OK. But third one is unknown.

View attachment 24444

I have also noticed this.
I see that message every day actually. If i logon Plesk at 08:00, the message is displayed as server restarted at 08:00.
Just once a day however, if i login again later i don't see the message. This continues every day :)

Does the time of the server restart match the time when you open the log viewer or notification box?

Can you check the actual uptime of the server? I used to get this message also but the server was not in fact restarted, I assumed then that it was the log feature itself that was restarted.

Let's assume that the issue is with the interpretation of a log entry. This used to be solved before, but from your description the case is rather obvious. I've asked developers whether they want to continue PPS-13803 / EXTPLESK-4217 / EXTPLESK-4463 or whether we file a new case. Either way, it will be taken care of.

I see that message every day actually. If i logon Plesk at 08:00, the message is displayed as server restarted at 08:00.
Just a small clarification, a time near a notification is the time when the notification was generated and added into Plesk; it is not time when the server was (re)booted. A new notification is generated if a server was (re)booted after the date of previous detected (re)boot. In other words, a notification is appear if server was rebooted since previous Admin login.

We have a task in our backlog to improve the text of notification with adding date and time of reboot to provide details on how long time ago the reboot was happened.

So it is false alarm? I also not spotted restart in logs at notification time. And restart time is my login time.

So it is false alarm? I also not spotted restart in logs at notification time. And restart time is my login time.

It only means that a new reboot was detected since previous notification. Datetime of reboot and datetime of notification appearance of definitely different; currently, Plesk shows datetime of notification (equal datetime of admin login to Plesk), not reboot.

I can't say that it is a false-positive alarm, if you have not expected a reboot event, makes sense to search for some additional data what is happened in the period between this and previous Plesk Admin's logins.

Just want to let you know about the latest small update of the Log Browser extension. To avoid misleading about the datetime of the reboot, the extension shows the exact date of the reboot in notification subject,

1707209226677.png
Note: "red" - before the update; "green" - after the update.

1.6.8 (02 February 2024)​

• [+] Notifications about rebooting now contain the reboot date. (EXTPLESK-4170)

Since this small fix is delivered and if you don't mind, let's decide that we have received the answer and solution from the dev.team (=> "Resolved").
If someone again face with an issue like a false-positive reboot alarm from of the Log Browser extension, feel free to create a new thread with new details and we will investigate what was happened.

Back