• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sooo depressing - Remote FTP STILL NOT WORKING

risede

Basic Pleskian
The day started with such promise...

I installed v9.2.1 last night and did not get a chance to test the remote FTP capability until now.

The remote FTP backup STILL does not work. I can FTP the backup manually with command-line FTP and with FTP Client (File-zilla) on the server to my FTP server in my office. However, when I backed up one domain, the backup was 90Meg (config+content-mail). The zip file actually FTP'ed ok even though the backup reported that it failed:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<object name="backup" type="backupowner">
<message code="ApplicationException" severity="error">Cannot export dump file 'clients\xxx\domains\xxx.com\Manual_xxx.com_info_0904301800.xml' to 'ftp://[email protected]//' [Transport error: unable to send directory to repository: Transport error: unable to put local file C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/repo_transport_tmp_01c9c9e799b25780/manual_xxx.com_0904301800.zip to manual_xxx.com_0904301800.zip: Curl error: a timeout was reached]</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

However, on another domain where the backup file was 141 Meg, it errored with the same error message, but with that one, the backup was ALSO corrupt.

On the bright side, the ftp transfer went much faster, but still not much help when the backup file reports that it failed, and the actual backup file is corrupt.

Guess I'll be waiting ANOTHER 6 months for the next "fix".

Hi,

Had the same problem, but now I have it fixed!

1. Do a server backup (files and settings).
2. After failing, read the file "migration.result" and fix all the items with an ERROR status
3. On my server most errors were caused by old site application id's, so delete them from your domains (in the psa sql table sitapps and siteappressources)
4. Some errors were cause by missing domain admin settings, so put something in there over the Plesk domain panel.

After fixing, retry to backup or backup to FTP, works for me.

Regards
Bart

Thanks for the post Bart.

I think my remote FTP backups are working much better now. I have been able to backup about 10 domains.

However, I have a domain that's giving me a problem. The domain backups up to a zip file just over 300 Megs. This file takes just over 11 minutes to transfer. However, when I run the backup through Plesk, the backup always crashes at 10 minutes when the file is not quite finished transfering. I get a Curl timeout error in the resulting log.

So I tried telling Plesk to break the file up into 150 Meg chunks. The first file is transferred ok, but the second file transfer dies right at the 10 minute mark.

I have run the backup several times to confirm this behaviour and each time it bahaves like this.

Do you have any large sites that you could try and confirm this behaviour?

Bart, where did you find the "Migration.results" file?

THe migration.results file is in the email that is sent our upon completion of the backup process. Check your backup schedule and add in the email option if you have not already.

Back