• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Sophos extension of 18.0.51

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu 21 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
With the update to 18.0.51 Sophos is available as free and paid extension. What is the difference?

The free version only allows using it for a limited number of mailboxes. You'll next ask me how many and I will have to answer: I don't know. I think it was mentioned somewhere that it is the same limit that also applies to Plesk Premium Antivirus, which would be 5 (mailboxes per server).
Edit: It seems that I was mislead by the extension installation page which shows a "free" option, but according to a colleague it is a paid extension. Currently this under review again.

Last edited:
Thank you, but then I will continue with ClamAV what works fine although I had to install it separately. By the way, do you know whether and when it could become part of the free emal-security version of Plesk? Many users are voting for this for a long time but get ignored by the develeopment team up to now.

I wouldn't really call it "ignored", it is more that other requests seem to be even more important in the big picture. Plesk already offers two anti-virus solutions now, so a third may not be top priority on the list. The survey results recently published include a roadmap what features are next: Check out the Plesk Obsidian 2022 survey results!

@Kulturmensch, @Kaspar I was mislead by a wrong display on the "Extensions" page in Plesk that there is indeed a free version of Sophos Anti-Virus. And in combination with extension bundles I saw the "5 users" limit. But both do not apply for this extension when installed stand-alone. The extension page suggest "Get It Free" and also has an option button "free" and "paid". This is false, and after discussing it here two product issues [EXTCATALOG-662] and [EXTCATALOG-663] have been filed to correct this. We'll update the display to make clear that Sophos is a paid extension only. I apologize for the confusion.

Hi Peter, thank you for the clarification concerning sophos. Then it was helpful to raise this question:) I also did not know the survey results. Your roadmap include some milestones I am waiting for; good to know when to expect those. However as far as ClamAV is concerned I am not wondering that it does not appear on your major roadmap as it is already there ... but only in your paid Plesk E-Mail extension. So it would need a minimal development effort to make it available for free to all Plesk users instead of urge them to install the open source ClamAV separately

Back